Hyatt Director of Food and Beverage in MUMBAI, India
· To ensure that the Food and Beverage activities are aligned with the respective Corporate Strategy, and that the Hotel Actions have been implemented where appropriate.
· To oversee the preparation and update of individual Departmental Operations Manuals.
· To conduct regular divisional communications meetings and ensure that departmental briefings and meetings are effective and conducted as necessary.
· To ensure the smooth operation of the Food and Beverage Department in the absence of the Director of Food and Beverage.
· To ensure that all employees deliver the brand promise and provide exceptional guest service at all times.
· To ensure that employees also provide excellent service to internal customers in other departments as appropriate.
· To spend time in public areas observing employee-guest interaction and talking with guests, working through Heads of Department to coach employees in guest service skills as necessary.
· To handle all guest and internal customer complaints and inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner, following through to make sure problems are resolved satisfactorily.
· To maximise employee productivity through the use of multi-skilling, multi-tasking and flexible scheduling to meet the financial goals of the business as well as the expectations of the guests.
· To ensure that each profit centre (e.g. Outlet, Bar, Banquets) is operated in line with maximising profit while delivering on the brand promise.
· To ensure that each cost centre (e.g. Stewarding) operates with the lowest possible cost structure while also delivering on the brand promise to the guest.
· To assist in the preparation of the Annual Business Plan for Food and Beverage.
· To assist in the monthly reforecasting, involving the respective Heads of Department as appropriate.
· To proactively manage costs based on key performance indicators, working through the respective Heads of Department as appropriate.
· To ensure that all hotel, company and local rules, policies and regulations relating to financial record keeping, money handling and licensing are adhered to.
· To assist in the inventory management and ongoing maintenance of hotel operating equipment and other assets.
· To actively participate in weekly yield and revenue management meetings, overseeing the appropriate pricing structures to maximise yield and overall profits in Outlets and Banquets.
· To assist in the preparation, utilisation and update of an Annual Marketing Plan, broken down as necessary by department.
· To constantly evaluate local, national and international market trends, vendors and other hotel/restaurant operations to make sure that the hotel’s own operations remain competitive and cutting edge.
· To encourage Heads of Department to look for Marketing and Public Relations opportunities to increase awareness and ultimately business.
· To ensure that all company minimum brand standards have been implemented, and that optional brand standards have been implemented where appropriate.
· To monitor all operations, especially during peak business periods, working through the respective Head of Department to make adjustments where necessary.
· To make sure that all Touches of Hyatt and the Food and Beverage Top 20 are implemented.
· To make sure that Food and Beverage Departments respond to the results of the Consumer Audit and to ensure that the relevant changes are implemented.
· To work closely with other Executive Committee members in a supportive and flexible manner, focusing on the overall success of the hotel and the satisfaction of hotel guests.
· To make sure that Food and Beverage employees work in a supportive and flexible manner with other departments, in a spirit of “We work through Teams”.
· To make sure that all employees are up to date with the availability of seasonal and new products on the market.
· To taste and monitor the food and beverage products served throughout the operation, providing feedback where appropriate.
· To assist in the recruitment and selection of all Food and Beverage employees. To make sure that Heads of Department follow hotel guidelines when recruiting and use a competency-based approach to selecting their employees.
· To oversee the punctuality and appearance of all Food and Beverage employees, making sure that they wear the correct uniform and maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene, according to the hotel and department’s grooming standards.
· To maximise the effectiveness of Heads of Department by developing each of their skills and abilities through the appropriate training, coaching, and/or mentoring.
· To conduct annual Performance Development Discussions with Heads of Department and to support them in their professional development goals. To ensure that they in turn conduct annual Performance Development Discussions with their employees.
· To assist in the development of Departmental Trainers through ongoing feedback and monthly meetings.
· To ensure that each Head of Department plans and implements effective training programmes for their employees in coordination with the Training Manager and their Departmental Trainers.
· To oversee the preparation and posting of weekly work schedules in each department, making sure that they reflect business needs and other key performance indicators.
· To encourage employees to be creative and innovative, challenging and recognising them for their contribution to the success of the operation.
· To support the implementation of The People Brand statement, demonstrating and reinforcing Hyatt’s Values and Culture Characteristics.
· To ensure that all employees have a complete understanding of and adhere to employee rules and regulations.
· To ensure that employees follow all hotel, company and local rules, policies and regulations relating to fire and hazard safety, and security.
· To feedback the results of the Employee Engagement Survey and to ensure that the relevant changes are implemented.
· To maintain strong, professional relationships with the relevant representatives from competitor hotels and other organisations.
· To respond to changes in the Food and Beverage function as dictated by the industry, company and hotel.
· To read the hotel's Employee Handbook and have an understanding of and adhere to the hotel's rules and regulations and in particular, the policies and procedures relating to fire, hygiene, health and safety.
· To attend training sessions and meetings as and when required.
· To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
* Degree in Hotel Management * Related Work Experience
Primary Location: IN-MH-Mumbai
Organization: Hyatt Regency Mumbai
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: MUM000568
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.