Hyatt Human Resources Officer in MUMBAI, India
· Assists the Assistant Manager – Human Resources and the Personnel Manager in the smooth and efficient running of the Human Resources function, ensuring that all the policies and procedures outlined in the Departmental Operations Manual are strictly adhered to.
· Ensures that all employee records are kept up to date.
· Assists in ensuring that the hotel is adhering to all Company/Hotel Human Resources Policies and Procedures.
· Assists in ensuring that government-stipulated employee legislation is strictly followed and implemented.
· Actively participate in hotel's employee welfare programmes.
· Responsible for the security and upkeep of employee personnel files
· Responsible for employee database management and regularly updating the same.
· Ensures the delivery of brand promise and provides exceptional guest service at all times.
· Be familiar with the hotel’s products, services and policies and any changes there of.
· Supports the hotel’s focus on service excellence by recruiting people with the competencies and profile to provide exceptional service to the hotel’s external customers (guests).
· Provides the appropriate level of professional, courteous and caring service to other employees (internal customers) and other visitors to the division; maintains positive guest and colleague interactions with good working relationships.
· Handles all internal customer complaints and inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner, following through to ensure problems are resolved satisfactorily.
· To regularly monitor the Hyatt Guest Satisfaction survey report and to ensure the minimum benchmark scores are achieved and implement action plans as directed to achieve constant improvement year on year.
· To ensure the minimum benchmark scores of the Consumer Audit are achieved, and implement action plans as directed to constantly improve the results Year on Year.
· To keep abreast of the Hotel Guest feedback, complaints, views, etc. posted on websites, print or electronic media or any other available communication channels.
· Assists in the management of the Department's operational budget so that all costs are controlled and expenditures are duly approved.
· Ensures that all hotel, company and local rules, policies and regulations relating to financial record keeping, money handling and licensing are adhered to, including the timely and accurate reporting of financial information.
· Assists the Personnel Manager with the implementation of all employee related communications.
· Ensures that all in-house rules and regulations are communicated to employees and implemented.
· Prepare and adhere to the Human Resources Calendar and plan all activities accordingly.
· To handle and direct employee enquiries as appropriate.
· To maintain and upkeep all relevant database of employees.
· To keep track of leave entitlements of employees, by tracking the completed leave applications and update the HR computer system accordingly.
· Preparation and maintenance of all employment related documentation such as letter of appointment, probation evaluation, confirmation letter, disciplinary letters etc.
· To maintain the inventory of Human Resources Forms and re-order as necessary.
· Sets up a systematic and efficient filing system, both for hardcopies as well as all electronic data, that enables quick data retrieval.
· To assist with the implementation of all employee communications.
· To assist in the co-ordination of the Performance Appraisal system.
· To prepare and maintain monthly distribution of Birthday Cards to Department Heads.
· To maintain files of all internal and external applications.
· To ensure all items on the new joiners checklist are completed for every new hire.
· To assist in organizing regular employee sports and social activities.
· To co-ordinate the Employee Recognition Programmes.
· To ensure a strong professional relationship with all levels of employees within the hotel.
· To complete exit formalities of resigning employees including their full and final settlement.
· To respond to changes in the Human Resources function as dictated by the industry, company and hotel.
· To carry out any other reasonable duties as assigned by the Human Resources Division.
· Assists in ensuring that Employee Facilities, such as Employee Restaurant, Employee Locker, Employee transportation etc are maintained to Hyatt International's high standards of operation.
· Coordinate recruitment activities in liaison with the respective Heads of Department.
· Assists the Security Personnel in locker and first aid box inspections.
· Ensures that all company brand standards have been implemented, and that optional brand standards have been implemented as and when directed.
· Embraces and personifies all Touches of Hyatt.
· Works closely with colleagues and other departments in a supportive and flexible manner, focusing on the overall success of the hotel and the satisfaction of hotel guests
· Demonstrates enthusiasm and act on own initiative and take responsibilityfor one’s own work and for the safety of others.
· Manage time effectively and shows punctuality, completes all tasks on time, structures work activities in a systematic way.
· Demonstrates detailed job knowledge, manual ability and technical expertise in his current role.
· Fully conversant with all aspects of the HR systems like Prism, Star, I-Scala, Taleo etc.
· Coordinates recruitment activities in liaison with the respective Department Head / Executive Committee Member
· Handles joining formalities of new joiners
· Handles employee queries related to name tag / swipe card in timely manner
· Handles employee request on Employee Complimentary Stay in timely manner
· Assists in the administration of employee benefits.
· Prepare and submit accurate MIS reports in timely manner.
· Communicates and coordinates with labour / statutory offices.
· Responsible for compliance in respect of Employee Provident Fund and Employee Insurance and any other statutory compliance as advised from time to time.
· Responsible for leave administration.
· Responsible for Payroll administration.
· Maintains stable performance under pressure and in stressful work situations.
· Ensures professional, high quality work standards are met.
· Supports the implementation of The People Brand, demonstrating and reinforcing Hyatt’s Values and Culture Characteristics.
· Shows receptiveness to be managed and to constructive feedback. Co-operates willing to one’s own developmental needs and seeks opportunity to improve.
· Encourages effective two way communication throughout the organization and shares relevant information with others.
· Assists in the feedback on the results of the Employee Engagement Survey and ensure that the relevant changes are implemented.
· Ensures that all employees are treated fairly and consistently as outlined in their terms and conditions of employment, local legislation, and company/hotel policies and procedures.
· Ensures a strong professional relationship with all levels of employees within the hotel, taking an active interest in their welfare, safety and development.
· To ensure all associates are trained on all relevantSchoolofHospitalitytasks.
· Attends and contributes to all training sessions and meetings as required.
· Is knowledgeable in statutory legislation in employee and industrial relations.
· Exercises responsible management and behaviour at all times and positively representing the hotel management team and Hyatt International.
· Maintains strong, professional relationship with the relevant representatives from competitor hotels, business partners and other organisations.
· Reads the hotel's Employee Handbook and have an understanding of and adhere to the hotel's rules and regulations and in particular, the policies and procedures relating to computer resources, fire, hygiene, health and safety.
· Ensures high standards of personal presentation and grooming.
· Responds to changes in the Human Resources function as dictated by the industry, company and hotel.
· Carries out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· To follow and ensure that employees follow all hotel, company and local rules, policies and regulations relating to fire and hazard safety, and security.
· To be well versed with the Hotel safety and security procedures and be vigilant about observing and reporting anything unusual.
* Masters Degree in Human Resources * Relative Work Experience
Primary Location: IN-MH-Mumbai
Organization: Hyatt International
Job Level: Full-time
Job: Human Resources
Req ID: MUM000554
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.