Hyatt Senior Sales Manager in MUMBAI, India
· Ensures that an efficient and accurate filing system, both manuals as well as electronic, is maintained at all times.
· Maintains complete and supported records of all Sales Agreements, Contracts and Quotations for the Hotel.
· Establishes an efficient trace file to ensure that all business booked is properly tracked.
· Submits Sales report to Director of Sales in a timely manner.
· Provides accurate reporting of business booked to the Sales Coordinator for monthly consolidation.
· Entertains and conducts hotel inspections to clients whenever required.
· Establishes and maintains strong relationship with the established clientele and constantly explores into new business opportunities.
· Liaises and works closely with the related operation departments ensuring guest's requests and expectations are being met.
· Handles guest and employee enquiries in a courteous and efficient manner, reporting complaints or problems. If no immediate solution can be found, to ensure that the necessary follow-up is conducted in a timely manner.
· Maintains positive guest and colleague interactions with good working relationships.
· Keep yourself updated with the hotel’s purpose and brand guidelines to create meaningful connections at every stage of touch point to make a difference in the lives of those you come in contact with every day.
· Achieves the monthly and annual personal target contributing to the Sales revenue.
· Develops and reviews Personal Business Plan which is linked to the Hotel’s Annual Business Plan.
· Conducts extensive competitor research and maintains excellent Product Knowledge of the Hotel.
· Constantly monitors and evaluates local, national and international market trends, and the competitor hotels’ sales initiatives, in order to make sure the hotel’s sales remain competitive and cutting edge.
· Ensures a high level of exposure for Hotel through direct sales solicitation via telephone, contracts and written communications.
· Ensures professional sales Calls using Hyatt’s Consultative Selling principles and Driving Customer Preference philosophies.
· Carefully plans Sales Calls into defined objectives.
· Maintains a detailed knowledge of Hotel facilities, features and services.
· Conducts extensive competitor researches and maintains excellent Product Knowledge of the hotel.
· Ensures systematically and efficiently calls on allocated Accounts within location and reports findings and opportunities to the Director of Sales.
· Pre-qualifies and targets prospects, utilising hotel database and develops appropriate and effective sales solicitation strategies to increase hotel’s market share.
· Professionally conducts routine telemarketing activities to identify new business opportunities. Follows up sales leads to identify prospect.
· Meets and greets VIP guests upon arrival/departure.
· Plans and makes Sales trips to the parties concerned which is our current and potential clientele to explore into new business opportunities.
· Entertains and conducts hotel inspections to relevant representatives/delegates whenever required.
· Establishes strong contacts to source for information in regard to planned and up coming functions/ events.
· Assists Sales Buddy to follow-up on all matters in the absence of Sales Buddy.
· Reviews and constantly seeks Productivity level improvements through the process of “taking work out of the system” (when appropriate) and thorough streamlining of work process.
· Implements all sales action plans related to responsibility areas as outlined in the Marketing plan.
· In this role you will also be required to multi-task in various aspects of the operations as advised by your managers from time to time.
· Ensures all employees maintain an updated awareness of Hotel product knowledge, current promotion, policy changes and appropriate internal communication.
· Assists in the recruitment and selection of Sales employees if required. Adheres to hotel guidelines when recruiting and uses a competency-based approach to selecting employees.
· Assists to oversee the punctuality and appearance of Sales employees, making sure that they wear the correct uniform and maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene, according to the hotel and department’s grooming standards.
· Maximises the effectiveness of employees by developing each of their skills and abilities through the appropriate training, coaching, and/or mentoring.
· Assists to conduct annual Performance Development Discussions with employees and to support them in their professional development goals.
· Assists to plan and implement effective training programmes for employees in coordination with the Training Manager and Departmental Trainers.
· Encourages employees to be creative and innovative, challenging and recognising them for their contribution to the success of the operation.
· Supports the implementation of The People Brand, demonstrating and reinforcing Hyatt’s Values and Culture Characteristics.
· Supports the implementation of changes as a result of the Employee Engagement Survey.
· Attends and contributes to all training sessions and meetings as required.
· Is knowledgeable in statutory legislation in employee and industrial relations.
· Exercises responsible management and behaviour at all times and positively representing the hotel management team and Hyatt International.
· Maintains strong, professional relationship with relevant representatives from competitor hotels, business partnersand other organisations,especially travel agencies, local business groups and airlines.
· Reads the hotel's Employee Handbook and have an understanding of and adhere to the hotel's rules and regulations and in particular, the policies and procedures relating to computer resources, fire, hygiene, health and safety.
· Ensures high standards of personal presentation and grooming.
· Responds to changes in the Sales and Marketing function as dictated by the industry, company and hotel.
· Carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
* Management Degree in Sales * Relative Work Experience
Primary Location: IN-MH-Mumbai
Organization: Hyatt Regency Mumbai
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: MUM000546