Hyatt Director of Revenue in NEW DELHI, India
The primary task of Director of Revenue Management is to support the designated property with all tasks of revenue management, maximize overall hotel revenue, and practice room’s revenue management through the implementation of effective pricing and distribution strategies, inventory management, and optimization techniques. Outperform direct competitors and continuously strive to increase market share backed by targeted promotions and working closely with sales and marketing by implementing appropriate promotions and optimal distribution.
Manage and oversee revenue management analytic functions to produce reporting that support and evaluate hotel business strategies. Work with hotel’s sales and marketing teams to meet the needs of the hotel to promote in all relevant distribution mediums. Produce accurate revenue forecasts that help set hotel goals and outgrow the competition. Display leadership qualities to engage with key hotel executives, mentor and develop revenue personnel.
• Positioning of the hotel • Optimal segmentation • Pricing • Strategic planning
• Ensure professional, efficient and strategic utilization of all systems, in line with company best practices and standard operating procedures
• Ensure effective information gathering and analysis is conducted in order to identify and maximize on all possible opportunities and minimize any risks
• Ensure that relevant hotel team members are actively engaged in all revenue decisions by maintaining regular communication to effectively implement, drive and review optimal strategies and controls
• Integrate with other functions to maximize our customer’s, owner’s and shareholder expectations
• Maximise occupancy and revenue generation through pricing strategies and proper inventory management.
• To review and implement distribution channel strategies
• Conduct weekly yield meetings and attend other support meetings (Pick Up Meeting, Daily Business Review Meetings, etc.) as needed.
• To establish annual budgets and ensure that all costs are strictly controlled.
• To oversee monthly budget reviews.
• To monitor RevPar competitiveness and provide direction to hotel to maximise RevPar growth.
• To evaluate the success of promotions and other tactics aimed at increasing RevPar.
• To produce reports relating to past and future performance which provide Senior Management with key performance indicators and insight into business and market trends.
• Work directly with the General Manager and Leadership team to collaborate with owner’s meetings, Hyatt regional & equity meetings.
• Ensure ROI Targets of clusters are met on yearly basis.
Technology & System Maintenance
• Review daily room accommodation and rate inventory controls in Opera, Reserve, Revenue Management System and any Extranets or Channel Managers and provide guidance as needed
• Ensure group inventory cut-off dates are managed according to demand
• Review blackout dates for potential adjustments if needed
• Review rate parity with third party sites through extranet sites
• Review key demand periods to maximise RevPAR and profit through effective consideration of costs of sales
• Ensure hotel allocation negotiations are strategically in line with Business needs
• To maintain and update business processes resulting from new analytical and revenue management technology.
• To provide strategic direction, communicate clearly, and ensure compliance of the pricing philosophy in line with any promotion or program.
• To provide guidance on managing inventories and utilisation of the marketing aspects of Consortia Agreements.
• To provide guidance and support to divisions, regions and hotels on pricing and distributing local hotel promotions.
• To work with E-Commerce, Gold Passport, Analytics and other Marketing Departments to ensure that all opportunities to increase RevPar are maximized.
• Coordinate use of tools and key performance indicators to measure promotional programs and ensure positive ROI
• Provide a synopsis of results versus direction from the previous week and lead discussion on future issues such as booking pace, pricing strategies, marketing opportunities and the competitive environment.
• Review weekly sales production reports to address concerns and action plans
• Develop and review annual transient and Group pricing on a quarterly basis
• Identify opportunities through channels and recommends channel marketing
• Communicate with market managers for key third party operators
• Communicate with Global Contact Centres and monitor conversion
• Review corporate account production quarterly with sales to identify patterns of production and agree appropriate actions
• Coordinate awareness of business production, forecasts and trends including competitive data for actionable use by hotel teams
• Bachelors in Business Administration or equivalent • 3-5 years property experience • Pricing and inventory optimization expert • Works independently • High on Communications skills
Primary Location: IN-DL-New Delhi
Organization: Hyatt Regency Delhi
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: NEW006560
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.