Hyatt Assistant Director of Finance in NEW ORLEANS, Louisiana
At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing efficient service and meaningful experiences. This position is responsible for the oversight of the hotel's general ledger operations and supports the Hotel's Director of Finance. Additionally, this person will be responsible for efficiently running the Accounting department in line with Hyatt Corporate standards while meeting guest and owner expectations. Other responsibilities will include the following:
* Prepare and review all journal entries, month-end reports and reconciliations * Review preliminary financial statements with Director of Finance * Participate in monthly financial reviews and assist Director of Finance with the presentation of these reports * Assist Director of Finance with supervising Accounting staff and the Purchasing functions of the hotel including coaching and counseling associates to reflect Hyatt service standards and procedures, interviewing, training and evaluating performance of staff. * Manage and help oversee hotel on-site accounting functions to ensure proper fiscal management, timely and accurate reporting and analysis for the hotel. This responsibility also includes hotel financial planning, budgeting, accounting and cash management * Systems administration, G/L account reconciliations, budget preparations, inventories, monthly closings and full P&L responsibility. * Assist with managing and ensuring SOX compliance * Assist Director of Finance with completing the year-end audit process. Review and approve all reconciliations and audit work papers. Participate in and respond to auditor requests to ensure total hotel compliance. * Help prepare all monthly and annual financial statements. Investigate, review and analyze the variance explanations, involving the department staff in this process. Take initiative to manage trouble shooting for respective cost controls and revenue enhancement * Assist Director of Finance with special reporting and analysis projects Hyatt associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Whether it's career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
You're more than welcome.
- Hospitality or Accounting degree preferred
- 2 years or more of progressive Accounting experience, preferably in a hotel
- Experience supervising Accounting staff members
- Prior MICROS, ADP/Enterprise, Kronos, and Hyatt systems (Opera and PMS) expertise desired
- Must be an advanced user of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with people of diverse socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds
- Must possess the following strengths: high energy, entrepreneurial spirit, motivational leader, effective communicator, effective in providing exceptional customer service and ability to improve the bottom line
- Clear concise written and verbal communication skills in English
- Must have excellent organizational, administrative and problem-solving skills
Primary Location: US-LA-New Orleans
Organization: Hyatt Regency New Orleans
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: NEW008647
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.