Hyatt Assistant Director of Housekeeping in NEW YORK CITY, New York
At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing efficient service and meaningful experiences.
The Assistant Director of Housekeeping is responsible for assisting in overseeing the operation of the Housekeeping Department in an attentive, friendly, efficient and courteous manner, providing all guests with quality service and a clean and safe environment throughout their stay, while efficiently managing expenses and maximizing service levels. This position reports to the Director of Housekeeping. Other duties may include:
* Respond to all housekeeping related guest requests, problems, complaints and/or accidents presented through reservations, comment cards, letters and/or phone calls, in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner. Follow up to ensure guest satisfaction.
* Motivate, coach, counsel and discipline all Housekeeping personnel according to Hotel policy
* Maintain a regularly scheduled cleaning program (i.e. floor care, hard cleaning, mattress flipping, etc.) and maintain a detailed checklist for each position.
* Assist in inspecting, maintaining and controlling all housekeeping equipment.
* Assist in ensuring compliance with all corporate Risk Management standards (SDS, HazCom, etc.).
* Ensure that large guestroom turns are managed efficiently.
* Ensure consistency with departmental opening and closing procedures.
* Prepare and conduct interviews for the housekeeping department when applicable.
* Develop employee morale and ensure training of Housekeeping personnel.
* Inspect rooms daily, and ensure that some rooms are inspected with housekeeping managers daily
* Assist the Director of Housekeeping in inspecting all VIP rooms prior to arrival.
* Ensure that public areas, guest rooms and back-of-house areas are cleaned to Hotel standards.
* Assist in maintaining required pars of all Housekeeping supplies by ordering all needed supplies and amenities on a monthly or quarterly basis.
* Assist in conducting monthly and quarterly Housekeeping inventories on a timely basis.
* Assist in the leadership, development, coach and counseling and training of the housekeeping managers.
* Conduct and oversee daily line up meetings with housekeeping colleagues.
* Assist in reviewing Housekeeping staff's worked hours for payroll compilation and submit to Accounting on a timely basis.
* Assist in preparing colleague Schedule according to business forecast, payroll budget guidelines and productivity requirements.
* Maintain a professional working relationship and promote open lines of communication with managers, employees and other departments.
* Operate radios efficiently and professionally in communicating with hotel staff. Ensure the proper use of radio etiquette within the department.
* Manage and organize large turn days (including group check-ins or check-outs).
* Monitor and act on special requests as needed; VIPs, special needs rooms, connecting, etc.
* Ensure participation within department for monthly team meeting.
* Focus the Housekeeping Department on their role in contributing to the Guest Service and audit Scores.
* Monitor all V.I.P.'s, special guests and requests.
* Assist in maintaining an organized and comprehensive filing system with documentation of purchases, schedules, forecasts, reports and tracking logs.
* Record all valet laundry for valet cleaners. Check and review incoming laundry at end of day to ensure all items have been returned.
* Ensure completion of regular maintenance and cleaning projects on a quarterly basis.
- A true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast paced environment.
- Refined verbal and written communication skills.
- 2-3 years of progressive hotel Rooms Management experience, previous experience in the housekeeping department preferred
- Service oriented style with professional presentations skills
- Hotel/Hospitality degree an asset
- Must possess the following strengths: high energy, entrepreneurial spirit, motivational leader, effective communicator, effective in providing exceptional customer service and ability to improve the bottom line
- Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal and administrative skills
Must be proficient in Windows, Opera, Excel, Hotel Guest Response systems and word processing.
- Supervisory experience required.
Primary Location: US-NY-New York City
Organization: Park Hyatt New York
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: NEW006649
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.