Hyatt Assistant Housekeeping Manager in NEW YORK CITY, New York
At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing efficient service and meaningful experiences.
The Assistant Housekeeping Manager is responsible for assisting in the oversight of the entire housekeeping area, to include public areas and night cleaning. This requires a solid understanding of housekeeping and laundry supplies and pars and will assure all safety and security policies and procedures are followed. Experience with turndown service, special needs of VIP Guests, foreign dignitaries, etc. is helpful. These responsibilities may also include staff training, development and scheduling. The Assistant Housekeeping Manager will promote an atmosphere that insures customer and associate satisfaction. This position reports directly to the Director of Housekeeping and requires a strong attention to detail and the ability to effectively deal with guests, other departments and team members.
Hyatt colleagues work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Whether it’s career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
- A true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast paced environment.
- Refined verbal and written communication skills.
- 2-3 years of progressive hotel Rooms Management experience , previous experience in the housekeeping department preferred
- Service oriented style with professional presentations skills
- Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal and administrative skills Hotel/Hospitality degree an asset
- Must be proficient in Windows, Opera, Excel, Hotel Guest Response systems and word processing
o Supervisory experience required
Primary Location: US-NY-New York City
Organization: Park Hyatt New York
Pay Basis: Hourly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: NEW006648
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.