Hyatt Assistant Food & Beverage Manager in OAK BROOK, Illinois
At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing efficient service and meaningful experiences to each and every guest. Hyatt is a place where high expectations aren't just met - they're exceeded. It's a place of outstanding rewards, where talent opens doors to exciting challenges in the hospitality industry.
The Assistant Event Services Manager possesses strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills. The position will support Hamburger University (McDonalds' management training facility).
The focus at Hamburger University is to support the daily Food and Beverage operation and meeting activity to ensure the success of the operation by working alongside a variety of entities. This position is the liaison between the Event Sales / Event Planning Managers and the on-site meeting contact. The Assistant Event Services Manager is highly visible and the central point for handling and addressing special needs or requests for our property’s biggest client. It requires detailed knowledge of the hotel meeting facilities, group dynamics, and event details. The position oversees a diverse staff of convention housemen and banquet servers. This includes the outside catering department "Traveling Spoon" that caters primarily to McDonald's corporate office buildings. Responsibilities will also include scheduling, management, payroll, coaching and training of our HU and stewarding staff.
This is not your typical career opportunity. This is the Hyatt Touch.
- A true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast paced environment.
1-2 years of food and beverage experience.
Previous supervisory experience required.
- Refined verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have physical stamina to lift at least 50 lbs. throughout the shift.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask.
- Experience and a thorough understanding of catering and convention services and banquet service a plus
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Efficiencies in MS Office/Windows a plus
- Must be able to obtain a food handlers certificate within 30 days of employment
Primary Location: US-IL-Oak Brook
Organization: The Lodge
Pay Basis: Hourly
Job Level: Full-time
Job: Food and Beverage
Req ID: OAK000687