Hyatt Cook 3 - Garde Manger (AM) in OAK BROOK, Illinois
This Cook III position requires in-depth skills and knowledge of all kitchen operations. The candidate’s primary function is to work in garde manger, however he or she must be able to work in multiple stations in the kitchen (for example as a line cook and banquet cook). Must be capable of producing a consistent product to meet and exceed guests' needs in a timely manner. On a daily basis must monitor storeroom requisitions, food production, quality and consistency.
Hyatt associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Hyatt has the best to offer in cook jobs: Whether it's career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
You're more than welcome.
This position is a Morning/Afternoon shift in garde manager (5 or 6 am to 1:30 or 2:00pm).
· Must be able to work weekends and holidays.
· 2-3 years of previous hotel or restaurant experience required.
· A Culinary degree preferred but not required. Food Safety Certification is desirable.
· Ability to work in a very fast paced environment, assist in giving directions, assist in making decisions and good organizational skills. Must work well under pressure.
· Candidates should be able to perform basic, intermediate and advanced cooking skills.
· Skill and knowledge to work multiple stations in the kitchen.
· Excellent communication and organizational skills.
· Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time.
Primary Location: US-IL-Oak Brook
Organization: The Hyatt Lodge at McDonald%27s Campus
Pay Basis: Hourly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: OAK000775
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.