Hyatt Intermediate Line Cook 2 (PM) in OAK BROOK, Illinois
At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing efficient service and meaningful experiences.
A Cook 2 requires good communication and culinary skills. The desired cook candidate will have hotel cooking experience and a culinary degree. A Cook 2 should have a professional knowledge of cooking ingredients and procedures. Shifts for this position are typically 2:30pm-11pm or 3pm to 11:30pm.
Hyatt associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Hyatt has the best to offer in cook jobs: Whether it's career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
You're more than welcome.
- Good written, verbal and reading English communication skills.
- Minimum 1 year previous fine dining or hotel culinary experience.
- Culinary degree or related hotel or fine dining experience is preferred.
- Candidate should be able to perform all basic cooking skills.
- Able to work multiple stations in the kitchen.
- A true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift and carry a minimum of 50lbs.
- Ability to work afternoons and evenings including weekends and holidays.
- Food sanitation certificate preferred.
Must be able to obtain a food handlers certificate within 30 days of employment
This is a great opportunity to get a start with Hyatt as a cook. For immediate consideration of the intermediate cook position, click Apply Now and complete an application for the intermediate cook position on the Hyatt Careers Site!
Primary Location: US-IL-Oak Brook
Organization: The Lodge
Pay Basis: Hourly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: OAK000690