Hyatt Pastry/Intermediate Line-Cook 2 (AM/PM) in OAK BROOK, Illinois
At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing efficient service and meaningful experiences.
A Cook 2 requires good communication and solid culinary skills. The desired cook candidate will have hotel or restaurant fine dining cooking experience and possibly a culinary degree. A Cook 2 should have a professional knowledge of cooking ingredients and basic cooking procedures.
Hyatt associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Hyatt has the best to offer in cook jobs: Whether it's career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
You're more than welcome.
* Candidate should be able to perform all basic cooking and knife skills.
- Candidate should be able to perform basic pastry and baking skills.
- Must be able to work multiple stations in the kitchen.
- One year fine dining or hotel culinary previous experience.
- Culinary degree is preferred but not required
- Open availability including able to work flexible shifts, AM/PM, weekends and holidays required
- Good written, verbal and reading English communication skills.
- A true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift and carry a minimum of 50lbs.
- Food sanitation certificate preferred.
Must be able to obtain a food handlers certificate within 30 days of employment
This is a great opportunity to get a start with Hyatt as a cook. For immediate consideration of the intermediate cook position, click Apply Now and complete an application for the intermediate cook position on the Hyatt Careers Site!
Primary Location: US-IL-Oak Brook
Organization: The Lodge
Pay Basis: Hourly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: OAK000695
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.