Hyatt Maintenance Tech II - Part Time in PARK CITY, Utah
* Ensure, as assigned, designated facilities, including the physical building structures, all mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems, plumbing, swimming pools and hot tubs and related equipment meet the overall standards of cleanliness, productivity, safety that will make every guest's stay comfortable and enjoyable. * Perform general and advanced repairs in and around the facilities. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, performing general repairs and services in all maintenance related disciplines, including; carpentry, mechanics, plumbing, minor electrical, finish work, etc. * Responsible for trash and general clean-up of facilities and surrounding areas as assigned. * Prioritize work orders through urgent requests, respond to guest room calls as required, and complete any and all assigned preventative maintenance procedures. * Identify safety hazards within the facilities and immediately resolve and/or report to the supervisor. * Ensure that compliance of all regulatory laws and guidelines are met as they relate to the operation of the facilities’ infrastructure. Responsible for alerting management of discrepancies. * Other duties may be necessary and may be assigned. * Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the Company, including evening, nights and weekends. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required
High school or equivalent education or Bachelor's Degree preferred. A valid Utah driver’s license and a Certified Pool Operators License is preferred.
Must possess suffice relevant experience to perform the tasks assigned. A minimum of 2 years hands on experience as an engineer or similar position, working in a hospitality environment is required.
- Must have strong working knowledge of Electrical and Mechanical System including but not limited to:HVAC,Plumbing/Hydraulics,Swimming Pools/Hot Tubsand Electrical.
- Must have ability to conduct training with other co-workers to develop their skills and knowledge.
- Excellent Communications Skills, both written and verbal, are essential. Must be able to speak, read, write and understand all languages applicable to the job.
- The work environment is face-paced, dynamic and team-oriented. Position requires employee to be a team leader and there is limited direct supervision of the position.
- Some work tasks are performed indoors and some outdoors; however, must be able to work in extreme temperatures (-10°F) and boiler rooms ( 110°F), possibly for one hour or more.
- Must be able to be on your feet for up to 8 hours per day. Walking and standing are required the rest of the working day. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task. Employee is subject to hazards: includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space and to reach other locations on a timely basis.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill maintenance tasks.
- Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis, 50 lbs. frequently, and 100 lbs. occasionally.
Primary Location: US-UT-Park City
Organization: Newpark Resort
Pay Basis: Hourly
Job Level: Part-time
Job: Engineering/Facility Maintenance
Req ID: PAR004362
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.