Hyatt Assistant Front Officer Manager in PHUKET, Thailand
· Assists in the preparation and updates of theServiceDepartmental Operations Manual.
· Assists the Hotel Manager to conduct regular communications meetings and ensures that departmental briefings and meetings are effective and conducted as necessary.
· Represents the Rooms function on the hotel's Executive Committee in the absence of the EAM – Rooms and Hotel Manager. Customer Service
· Handles all guest and internal customer complaints and inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner, following through to make sure problems are resolved satisfactorily
· Maintains positive guest and colleague interactions with good working relationships.
· Ensures all Guest Services associates provide a courteous and professional service at all times.
· Ensures that all Guest Services associates deliver the brand promise and provide exceptional guest service at all times.
· Ensures that Guest Services associates provide excellent service to internal customers as appropriate.
· Assists in greeting and checking-in VIP and Long Stay guests.
· Ensures that all Guest Services associates are familiar with the hotel’s products and services.
· Personally and frequently verifies that guests are receiving the best possible service during check-in and check-out.
· Spends time in Gallery areas during peak periods to ensure that the area is managed well by the respective team and delivers the brand promise.
· Establishes a rapport with guests and maintains good customer relationship.
· Maximises employee productivity through the use of multi-skilling, multi-tasking and flexible scheduling to meet the financial goals of the business as well as the expectations of the guests.
· Ensures that the Guest Services operates with the lowest possible cost structure while also delivering on the brand promise to the guest, proactively managing costs based on key performance indicators.
· Maximises rooms’ sales and revenues for the hotel through appropriate yield management, upselling and inventory management initiatives, working closely with the relevant Heads of Department and Guest Services associates.
· Ensures new technology and equipment are embraced, improving productivity whilst taking work out of the system.
· Assists in monthly reforecast, as appropriate.
· Assists in the preparation of the Annual Business Plan
· Ensures that all hotel, company and local rules, policies and regulations relating to financial record keeping, money handling and licensing are adhered to, including the timely and accurate reporting of financial information.
· Assists in weekly yield and revenue management meetings, as necessary.
· Assists in the preparation, utilisation and update of an annual Marketing Plan.
· Monitors rooms’ standards in general, working through the respective Head of Department to take corrective action where necessary.
· Conducts frequent and thorough inspections of guest rooms and Rooms areas in general together with the Housekeeping Manager and other Assistant Managers - Front Office.
· Ensures the strict control of room keys.
· Assists in securing external guest accommodation in overbooking situations.
· Ensures that public areas are clean and up to standard.
· Ensures that all daily arrival V.I.P. rooms, special request rooms, and long stay guest rooms are pre-blocked in advance, that Housekeeping is notified and that each room is prepared with the appropriate welcome amenities.
· Ensures that all V.I.P. and long stay guests are met on arrival by an Assistant Manager.
· Works closely with the Housekeeping and Engineering Departments to block rooms as necessary for maintenance.
· Ensures that all company minimum brand standards have been implemented, and that optional brand standards have been implemented where appropriate.
· Assists in making sure that all Touches of Hyatt and the Rooms Top 20 have been implemented.
· Responds to the results of the Consumer Audit and ensures that the relevant changes are implemented.
· Works closely with other management personnel in a supportive and flexible manner, focusing on the overall success of the hotel and the satisfaction of hotel guests.
· Ensures that the Guest Services associates work in a supportive and flexible manner with other departments, in a spirit of “We work through Teams”.
· Ensures that all guest details are entered correctly in accordance with the principles of clean data.
· Assists in the recruitment and selection of all Guest Services associates. Follows hotel guidelines when recruiting and use a competency-based approach to selecting employees.
· Oversees the punctuality and appearance of all Guest Services associates, making sure that they wear the correct uniform and maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene, according to the hotel and department’s grooming standards.
· Conducts annual Performance Development Discussions with Guest Services associates, supports them in their professional development goals.
· Plans and implements effective training programmes for all Guest Services associates in coordination with the Training Manager and Departmental Trainers.
· Supports Departmental Trainers through ongoing feedback and assistance at monthly meetings.
· Develops the skills and effectiveness of all Guest Services associates through the appropriate training, coaching, and/or mentoring.
· Prepares and posts weekly work schedules, making sure that they reflect business needs and other key performance indicators.
· Encourages associates to be creative and innovative, challenging and recognising them for their contribution to the success of the operation.
· Supports the implementation of The People Philosophy, demonstrating and reinforcing Hyatt’s Values and Culture Characteristics.
· Ensures that associates have a complete understanding of and adhere to employee rules and regulations.
· Ensures that associates follow all hotel, company and local rules, policies and regulations relating to fire and hazard safety, and security.
· Feedback the results of the Employee Opinion Survey and ensure that the relevant changes are implemented.
· Is knowledgeable in statutory legislation in employee and industrial relations.
· Ensures high standards of personal presentation and grooming.
· Maintains strong, professional relationships with the relevant representatives from competitor hotels and other organisations, including tour operators and local travel agents.
· Exercises responsible management and behaviour at all times and positively representing the hotel management team and Hyatt International.
· Responds to changes in the Rooms function as dictated by the industry, company and hotel.
· Reads the hotel's Associate Handbook and have an understanding of and adhere to the hotel's rules and regulations and in particular, the policies and procedures relating to fire, hygiene, health and safety.
· Attends training sessions and meetings as and when required.
· Carries out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Primary Location: TH-83-Phuket
Organization: Hyatt Place Phuket, Patong
Job Level: Full-time
Job: Guest Services
Req ID: PHU000104
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.