Hyatt Sous Chef in PHUKET, Thailand
· Assists to ensure that culinary activities are aligned with the respective Corporate Strategy, and that the Hotel Actions have been implemented where appropriate.
· Assists in the preparation and updates of individual Departmental Operations Manuals.
· Assists to conduct regular communications meetings and ensure that departmental briefings and meetings are effective and conducted as necessary.
· Provides a courteous and professional service at all times.
· Ensures that employees also provide excellent service to internal customers in other departments as appropriate.
· Handles guest and employee enquiries in a courteous and efficient manner, reporting complaints or problems if no immediate solution can be found, whilst providing a prompt follow-up.
· Maintains positive guest and colleague interactions with good working relationships.
· Maximises employee productivity through the use of multi-skilling, multi-tasking and flexible scheduling to meet the financial goals of the business as well as the expectations of the guests.
· Focuses attention on improving productivity levels and the need to prudently manage utility/payroll costs within acceptable guidelines ensuring optimum deployment and energy efficiency of all equipment.**
· Ensures new technology and equipment are embraced, improving productivity whilst taking work out of the system.**
· Continuously seeks ways to assist the Outlet management to maximise their revenues and profits through innovative recipes.
· Ensures that all company minimum brand standards have been implemented.
· Work closely with other employees in a supportive and flexible manner, focusing on the overall success of the hotel and the satisfaction of hotel guests.
· Buys locally available fresh products wherever possible and has limited menus which are changed frequently to ensure the guest is always offered a variety of food items.
· Participates in planning menus and utilisation of food surpluses and leftovers, taking into account probable number of guests, market conditions, and popularity of various dishes and frequency of menu.
· Reviews menus, analyses recipes, determines food, labour, overhead costs and assigns prices to menu items.
· Directs food apportionment policy to control costs.
· Introduces and tests the market with new products which are market-orientated in terms of price and product.
· Serves fresh food to the guests which is prepared a la minute, is consistent in quality, and which reflects the style of the outlet concept.
· Supervises cooking and other kitchen personnel and co-ordinates their assignments to ensure economical and timely food production.
· Observes methods of food preparation and cooking, sizes of portions, and garnishing of foods to ensure food is prepared in prescribed manner.
· Tests cooked foods before plate-up and service.
· Estimates food consumption and purchases or requisitions of foodstuffs and kitchen supplies.
· Devises special dishes and develops innovative recipes.
· Establishes and enforces nutrition and sanitation standards for outlet kitchen.
· Encourages the team to be supportive of Food and Beverage Division’s marketing and up-selling activities.
· Assists in making sure that all Touches of Hyatt and the Food and Beverage Top 20 are implemented.
· Responds to the results of the Consumer Audit and ensures that the relevant changes are implemented.
· Assists in the recruitment and selection of all Pastry employees as appropriate. Adheres to hotel guidelines when recruiting and uses a competency-based approach to selecting employees.
· Through hands-on management, closely supervisesthe Kitchen employees in the performance of their duties and ensures this is in accordance with policies & procedures and applicable laws.
· Assists to oversee the punctuality and appearance of all Kitchen employees, making sure that they wear the correct uniform and maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene, according to the hotel and department’s grooming standards.
· Delegates appropriately, duties and responsibilities to equipped and resourced employees, nurturing and developing them whilst ensuring standards of operation and safety are maintained.
· Develops the skills and effectiveness of all Kitchen employees through the appropriate training, coaching, and/or mentoring.
· Ensures effective training programmes for employees in coordination with the Training Manager and their Departmental Trainers.
· Encourages employees to be creative and innovative, challenging and recognising them for their contribution to the success of the operation.
· Assists to conduct annual Performance Development Discussions with employees and support them in their professional development goals.
· Supports the implementation of The People Philosophy, demonstrating and reinforcing Hyatt’s Values and Culture Characteristics.
· Ensures that employees have a complete understanding of and adhere to employee rules and regulations.
· Ensures that employees follow all hotel, company and local rules, policies and regulations relating to fire and hazard safety, and security.
· I Is knowledgeable in statutory legislation in employee and industrial relations.
· Understands and strictly adheres to Rules and Regulations established in the Employee Handbook and the Hotel’s policies concerning fire, hygiene and health and safety.
· Ensures high standards of personal presentation and grooming.
· Responds to changes in the Food and Beverage function as dictated by the industry, company and hotel.
· Attends training sessions and meetings as and when required.
· Carries out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Primary Location: TH-83-Phuket
Organization: Hyatt Place Phuket, Patong
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: PHU000084
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.