Hyatt Director of Finance in SAN DIEGO, California
At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing efficient service and meaningful experiences. As a member of the properties Executive Committee, the Controller is a highly visible role with exposure to Senior and Corporate leadership. This position reports to the hotel General Manager.
The Controller plans, organizes, directs, and controls the accounting and control function of the division, reports operational results, and provides chronological systems.
- Responsible for short and long term planning and the management of the Accounting function
- Participate in total hotel management as a member of the Hotel Executive Committee
- Manage and lead hotel on-site accounting functions to ensure proper fiscal management, timely and accurate reporting and analysis for the hotel. This responsibility also includes hotel financial planning, budgeting, accounting and cash management
- Assist in nurturing the important relationship with the owners. Be responsible for supervising and coordinating owner reporting as required. Provide custom reports, respond quickly to questions or requests and attend meetings
- Manage SOX compliance
- Complete the year-end audit process. Review and approve all reconciliations and audit work papers. Coordinate external auditor's visits, respond to auditor requests, approve any and all adjustments, reconcile the audit numbers to the property numbers and approve the final audit
- Prepare and review all monthly and annual financial statements. Investigate, review and analyze the variance explanations, involving the department managers in this process. Take initiative to manage trouble shooting for respective cost controls and revenue enhancement
- Aid in the preparation and final review of the annual business plans
- Supervise the Information Technology function. Additionally have a sound understanding of the hotel operational and back office systems as well as Microsoft Office products
- Have a sound understanding of the forecasting system and the tools from Revenue Management. Review monthly and quarterly property financial forecasts. Assure that the forecast is attainable
Coach and counsel employees to reflect Hyatt service standards and procedures
Hyatt associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Whether it’s career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
This is not your typical career opportunity. This is the Hyatt Touch.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with people of diverse socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds
- 6 years or more of progressive hotel Accounting experience (typically with Hyatt)
- With opening hotels, previous hotel pre-opening experience preferred
- Service oriented style with professional presentations skills
- Hospitality or Accounting degree preferred
- Must possess the following strengths: high energy, entrepreneurial spirit, motivational leader, effective communicator, effective in providing exceptional customer service and ability to improve the bottom line
- Clear concise written and verbal communication skills in English
- Must be an advanced user of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal and administrative skills
- Maintain communications with Corporate Staff
Primary Location: US-CA-San Diego
Organization: Hyatt Regency Mission Bay Spa and Marina
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: SAN018496
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.