Hyatt Restaurant General Manager in SAVANNAH, Georgia
At Thompson Savannah, we believe our guests select us because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing authentic hospitality and meaningful experiences to each every guest. Thompson Savannah is a place where high expectations aren't just met-they're exceeded. It's a place of outstanding rewards, where talent opens doors to exciting challenges in the hospitality industry. It's a place where career opportunities are as unlimited as your imagination. Discover your place to shine in our warm, respectful, and inclusive culture.
Chef Whitney Otawka’s Signature Restaurant & Wine Bar focuses on ingredient driven fare, highlighting the unique and wild character of the Georgia Coast. Elevated technique drives the cooking where sustainable seafood and seasonal vegetables are front and center, retaining a fun and approachable atmosphere. This restaurant offers three meals a day.
The Restaurant General Manager of this restaurant will direct the activities and be measured on the results of the restaurants, sustainability of food and beverage initiatives, high standards of food and beverage quality, guest satisfaction scores, service, revenues and profit margins.
Duties & Functions
• Effectively lead operational excellence with focus on financial, team member and guests results metrics.
• Development of strategic direction and drive the execution of restaurant bar and food operations.
• Ensure highest quality of food and beverage standards for product and service are maintained.
• Attendance and participation in management, staff and preconvention meetings.
• Impact and influence the growth of restaurant revenues
• Develop and mentor high potential leaders within the department.
• Ensure all brand standards are implemented and maintained.
• Oversee and assist with the processes and training at the property.
• Create competitive and progressive growth culture within the department with high team member retention.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent service for both internal and external customers.
• Timely analysis of Food and Beverage pricing for the restaurant.
• Development, maintenance and accountability of departmental control procedures.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals including praise and necessary discipline.
• Understands the impact of department’s operations on the overall property financial goals and manages to achieve or exceed goals.
• Ability to monitor operations and access need for adjustments both during operational situations as well as for structural improvement and growth.
• Interacts with customers to obtain feedback on quality of product, service levels and overall satisfaction.
• Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
• Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Has full knowledge and understanding of our company’s handbook, SOP’s and processes; adheres to and enforces those in a fair and consistent manner.
• Participates in employee progressive discipline procedures.
• Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an “open door” policy and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
• Is the final interview for and signs off on all new associates hired into the restaurant
• Supports a departmental orientation program for employees to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job
Qualifications & Standards
Full Time Management Position that requires full flexibility, ability to work weekends and holidays and a varied schedule
A true desire to understand and anticipate the needs of others in a fast paced environment
Refined verbal and written communication skills
Must be proficient in general computer knowledge, including a working knowledge of point of sale systems
Candidates should be extremely detail oriented and organized
Candidates should possess proven leadership skills
Candidates should possess strong food and beverage knowledge. Beverage knowledge should include wine, spirits and beer
Hotel experience and a thorough understanding of restaurant service
Previous experience as an Assistant Restaurant Manager or a Restaurant Supervisor preferred
Must possess the following strengths: high energy, entrepreneurial spirit, motivational leader, effective communicator, and effective in providing exceptional customer service
Experience in a leadership role of Fine Dining Service
Large Volume exposure preferred
• Knowledge of Health and Sanitation Practices• Working knowledge of wine, spirits, and beers• Understanding of culinary terms and seasonality
Primary Location: US-GA-Savannah
Organization: Thompson Savannah
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: SAV001800
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.