Hyatt Security & Purchasing - Dockmaster in SEATTLE, Washington
The/Newly Opened/Hyatt Regency Seattle is recruiting for a Dockmaster, as part of the Security team, to join our Seattle Family! Come and be a part of the newest and largest hotel in Seattle!
At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive colleagues who are focused on providing efficient service and meaningful experiences. The Dockmaster is responsible for the oversight and supervision of the safety and security of the hotel’s loading dock. The Dockmaster will direct deliveries to the hotel, and coordinate with special events as needed.
This supervisory level position is the liaison between Vendors, Security, Event Planning, Purchasing, and Housekeeping, to ensure all deliveries are successfully managed, and all vendors are able to deliver their product efficiently. It will also be the responsibility of the Dockmaster to ensure the loading dock is maintained in an orderly fashion, is clean, safe, and in working order.
- Coordinate/schedule delivers for group events
Blocking out bays for scheduled truck arrivals
Maintain records of deliveries
Checking in vendors for on-site events
Maintain steady, organized, and efficient traffic pattern in loading dock
Review hotel correspondence from Event Planning Managers to anticipate and plan for scheduled deliveries
Management of freight elevators from loading dock
Cleaning dock area and maintaining orderly environment, to include compactors and dock bay lift gates
Patrol breezeway, freight elevator entrance, dock entrance, etc.
Report and document safety hazards, potentially hazardous conditions, and unsafe practices and procedures
Hyatt colleagues work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards.*Hyatt has the best to offer including: free uniforms and cleaning of your uniform, paid vacation and sick leave, medical health care, paid Family Bonding Time, Adoption Assistance, discounted parking, discounted and complimentary rooms at Hyatt locations across the globe, free colleague meals during shifts, up to $1,000 of tuition reimbursement per year, and many more!
* When applying for a position at Hyatt, you are pursuing an opportunity to join a culture built on caring and attentive colleague who have a passion for providing efficient service and creating meaningful experiences. Our values are the guiding principles for our success, giving us the opportunity to open over 800 properties worldwide.
/Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law. /
- A true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to effectively communicate with guests, vendors, and colleagues
- Hospitality experience preferred, especially related to Security and/or Purchasing
- Candidates should have open availability to include evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and walk moderate distances
- Detail oriented
- Forklift certification preferred
Primary Location: US-WA-Seattle
Organization: Hyatt Regency Seattle
Pay Basis: Hourly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: SEA002612
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.