Hyatt Sunriver Resort Host/Hostess at Carson%27s American Kitchen in SUNRIVER, Oregon
The host/hostess is the first person the guest is greeted by when entering the restaurant. This is the person who is going to make the biggest first impression on our guests. This is, in turn, the person who must have the biggest smile and warmest personality. Attitude, appearance, and professionalism are crucial.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Clock in and check in with the manager-on-duty.
- Greet and welcome every guest as they enter. Acknowledge and thank all guests as they depart.
- Confirm the number of people in each party and inquire if there are any special needs or requests.
- Record necessary information on waiting lists when the restaurant is full.
- Use proper paging procedures when paging anyone (this applies when a wait list is active).
- Escort every guest to the table, hand out menus, and ensure table(s) are properly set up.
- Ensure even seating of the restaurant by seating the tables in proper rotation.
- Maximize the seating of the restaurant. (Put two’s on two-top, etc…)
- Use proper telephone procedures.
- Assist servers with refilling beverages and/or clearing tables as directed by the manager-on-duty.
- Complete assigned side work. (Trading out menus at shift change, updating resumes, etc.)
- Comply with all Sunriver policies, procedures, and safety regulations
// QUALIFICATIONS: // * Ability to work well with others and function well in high customer impact situations. * Able to communicate well with staff and customers. * Able to work flexible hours and days. * Current food handler permit required. * Knowledge of food and beverage products including menu items and prices for all meal periods. * Knowledge of hours of operations. * Knowledge of property-wide facilities and services. * Possess excellent telephone and organizational skills. * Able to prioritize tasks. //
Primary Location: US-Oregon-Sunriver
Organization: Sunriver Resort
Pay Basis: Hourly
Job Level: Seasonal
Job: Food and Beverage
Req ID: SUN000225
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.