Hyatt General Maintenance Engineer (Full-Time) in TUCSON, Arizona
A General Maintenance Engineer will be responsible primarily for general maintenance and repairs in guest rooms, meeting space, and front of the house areas. Guest room and public area entry-level preventative maintenance are included. A General Maintenance Engineer will also perform some repairs on mechanical, electrical, kitchen, and laundry equipment, requiring some skills and experience in these areas, as well as good communication skills.
Use hand and power tools to build and repair, be able to repair cabinets, bulletin boards, desks, tables, partitions and office equipment and furniture, application of roofing materials such as tar paper, tile, composition, wood, corrugated or flat shingles, hang inside and outside doors, windows and paneling, work on ladders, scaffolds, platforms.
Change HVAC filters, maintain all lighting on the property by repair and re-lamping as needed, maintain tools, work spaces and equipment, must be able to read, understand, and use MSDS sheets, follow hazardous material/disposal procedures.
Interact with guests in a courteous professional manner; answer guest questions, and complaints or requests.
* A minimum of one year building maintenance experience is required, with hotel experience preferred. * Good customer skills are also required.
- must possess a good knowledge of blueprint reading, job planning, and layout methods including: the use of mechanical fasteners such as clamps, screws and bolts, as well as chemical joining and sealing using glue, putty, paints and preservatives.
- Must be able to work independently with little direct supervision, make minor repairs to ceiling and walls, and perform general cleaning of shop area.
- Knowledge of and experience working on kitchen and laundry equipment is a plus.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- At least 2 years of experience working in a hotel/resort environment.
- Be willing to be certified on pools.
Primary Location: US-AZ-Tucson
Organization: Miraval Arizona Resort and Spa
Pay Basis: Hourly
Job Level: Full-time
Job: Engineering/Facility Maintenance
Req ID: TUC000127
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.