Hyatt Human Resources Coordinator - Full-Time in TUCSON, Arizona
Under the direction of the Human Resources Manager, the Human Resources Assistant will perform a variety of professional responsibilities in support of Miraval’s centralized Human Resources function, including but not limited to coordination of New Hire process, termination process, HR administrative work and legal compliance. Assist in the completion of HR metrics and reporting and planning of events. This position is a full-time hourly opportunity.
- First point of contact for the Human Resources Department.
- The HR Assistant will answer phone calls from employees as well as external inquiries.
- Meet with employees as needed to answer questions regarding employment
- Coordinates and performs the new hire process from the point a new requisition through completion of new hire paperwork. This includes pre-screening paperwork (drug screen and background check) and appropriate pre-employment testing.
- Performs Reference checks for staff as needed and requested
- Provides excellent customer service to staff, applicants and outside vendors and visitors.
- Coordinates and performs the termination process from the time the requisition is received through the creation of the term file.
- Maintenance of all staff files in accordance with state and federal laws.
- Maintains up-to-date employment files and is responsible for accurate filing of all HR-related documents.
- Functions as an expert in the HRIS system to include data entry, knowledge of all functions and creating and generating reports.
- Maintains all Recognition/Anniversary records and disbursements, along with the appropriate award and/or pin.
- Works with HR team to develop creative approaches to the recruitment process to increase high-caliber candidate sourcing including referral generation, internet sourcing, ad placement, job fairs, community outreach, direct sourcing/cold calling, and networking.
- Assists in review of selection, testing and other related employment systems as needed for continuous updating, improvement and legal compliance.
- Assures compliance with all state and federal employment regulations.
- Assists in developing reporting process and HR metrics to quantify departmental efforts, ie: turnover, time-to-fill, recruitment costs, etc.
- Assists in creating and compliance of HR Policies and SOP’s.
- Performs other administrative tasks which are HR-related duties as assigned by the Human Resource Manager, as necessary.
- Assist in the planning, preparation and execution of training and events.
- Facilitate training programs such as new hire orientation, in-house systems, and other HR training programs as necessary. * *
* A Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Industrial Relations or a related field of study is desired. At least 2 years work experience related to the Human Resources function, preferably within the hospitality industry.
Primary Location: US-AZ-Tucson
Organization: Miraval Arizona Resort and Spa
Pay Basis: Hourly
Job Level: Full-time
Job: Human Resources
Req ID: TUC000520
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.