Hyatt Front Office Agent (Host) in VANCOUVER, Canada
At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing authentic hospitality and meaningful experience to each and every guest. Hyatt is a place where high expectations aren't just met-they're exceeded.
The Hyatt Regency Vancouver is seeking a dedicated, customer service oriented, professional to join the Front Office team as Front Desk agent (Host).
Front Desk agents (Host) are responsible for the guest registration process and communication of hotel services and promotions. This highly visible role gives opportunity for casual conversation and has a direct impact on creating the guest experience. Other duties may include processing forms of payment and responding to guest inquires. You'll be the face of Hyatt as a Front Desk Agent (Host).
Starting wage for this position is $16.95 per hour, after 6 months wage is $19.78 per hour, and after 1 year wage is $22.60 per hour.
Hyatt associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Whether it's career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment; if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
You're more than welcome.
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
- Must be available to work various shifts including weekends and holidays (mornings, afternoons andespecially graveyard shifts)
- Must be proficient in computers (Opera, Microsoft Office, Fidelio, etc)
- Previous experience with Opera and Fidelio is an asset
- Refined verbal and written communication skills
- Must have a true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast paced environment.
- Must have previous customer service experience
- Must possess a keen eye for details.
- Must have previous cash experience
- Must be able to adapt and work in a diverse culture and environment
- Must be able to interact with a diverse group of individuals
- Must have proven experience in making quick and efficient decisions
- Must have ability to upsell
- Knowledge of a second language is an asset Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing throughout shift
- Frequent walking throughout the shift
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling and lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending stairs and ramps
Primary Location: CA-BC-Vancouver
Organization: Hyatt Regency Vancouver
Pay Basis: Hourly
Job Level: Full-time
Job: Front Office
Req ID: VAN000984
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.