Hyatt Linen Attendant in VANCOUVER, Canada
At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing efficient service and meaningful experiences.
Hyatt Regency Vancouver is seeking dedicated guest service oriented Part-time Linen Attendant to join the Housekeeping department.
The Linen Attendant is responsible for processing hotel and guest laundry, including pressing, sorting and folding and handling guest calls. Linen Attendant use commercial pressing and folding equipment and are responsible for programming and logging of their operations. Duties may include ironing sheets, pillow cases, table cloths, folding towels, sorting soiled linen, loading dryers, sewing and distributing linen to various storage areas within the hotel. Linen Attendant is also responsible for maintaining the uniforms for all employees.
This position requires flexibility in terms of scheduling, and must be available for various shifts especially the weekends and holidays; morning or evening shifts.
Candidates interested in this position must have good communication skills as well as previous sewing experience. All candidates must have a true desire for customer service and committed to achieving excellent results.
Starting wage is $16.81/hr, after 6 months $19.61/hr, after one year $22.41/hr.
Hyatt associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Whether it's career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
You're more than welcome.
Visa Requirements: * *Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
- A true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast paced environment
- Must be available to work various shifts especially weekends and weekdays afternoon and evening shifts
- Previous seamstress or professional sewing experience preferred
- Must have a good command of the English language
- Must provide excellent customer service
- Must have basic computer knowledge
- Must possess excellent organizational skills
Must be able to prioritize and complete multiple tasks
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Frequent standing and walking throughout shift
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling
- Occasional ascending or descending stairs and ramps
- Capable of performing repetitious duties
Primary Location: CA-BC-Vancouver
Organization: Hyatt Regency Vancouver
Pay Basis: Hourly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: VAN000975
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.