Hyatt Server- Restaurant in VANCOUVER, Canada
At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing authentic hospitality and meaningful experiences to each and every guest. Hyatt is a place where high expectations aren't just met-they're exceeded. It's a place of outstanding rewards, where talent opens doors to exciting challenges in the hospitality industry.
Hyatt Regency Vancouver is seeking a dedicated, customer service oriented individual to join our Mosaic Bar and Grill restaurant as Regular restaurant server.
Restaurant servers are responsible for submitting guest menu selections and presenting these food and beverage preferences. The right person will gain menu knowledge and give recommendations from our compilation of cuisine and drink offerings. A Hyatt restaurant server will engage in casual conversation and create the restaurant experience by their style and service attributes. Other duties include general restaurant preparation and maintaining a sanitary environment.
Shifts would vary depending on business and may start from 5:00am breakfast, with lunch and/or dinner shifts until 2:00am.
Starting wage for this position is $13.12 per hour plus gratuities, after 6 months wage is $15.30 per hour plus gratuities, after 1 year wage is $17.49 per hour plus gratuities.
Hyatt associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Hyatt has the best to offer in restaurant server jobs: Whether it's career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
You're more than welcome
Visa Requirements: * *Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
- Must possess a true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to work varied shifts including weekends and holidays, mornings, afternoons or evening shifts.
- Must have refined and professional verbal communication skills.
- Must have Food Safe certificate
- Must have Serving It Right certificate
- Must have excellent customer service skills
- Must have good upselling skills
- Previous food and beverage experience is an asset
- Knowledge of POS Micros system is an asset
- Knowledge of a second language is an asset Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing throughout shift
- Frequent walking throughout the shift
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling and lifting (up to 30lbs)
- Occasional ascending or descending stairs and ramps
Primary Location: CA-BC-Vancouver
Organization: Hyatt Regency Vancouver
Pay Basis: Hourly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: VAN001016
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.