Hyatt RVP Select Hotel Operations in United States
HOTEL OPERATIONS AND PERFORMANCE:
The Regional Vice President – Select Hotel Operations have full responsibility for their portfolio of hotels. They oversee these hotels by direct involvement with the General Managers and 3rd Party management companies and asset managers by holding them accountable for the following;
• Operating the hotels optimally, as measured by the following key performance indicators;
o Market share (RevPAR index)
o Hotel Revenue Production
o Guest satisfaction and service excellence (Net Promoter Score) & key drivers
• Brand Integrity & Brand Reputation
• Owner Relations
o The RVP Operations support their General Managers and 3rd party management companies in establishing professional and constructive relationships with their Owners. In some cases this may involve direct involvement with the Owners depending upon the nature of the relationship.
HYATT’S GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT STRATEGIES:
Working closely with the Americas Development team, the RVP Operations are responsible for seeking out potential development opportunities through their relationships with Owners, developers, government organizations and the general business community. They are involved in the process of interviewing potential 3rd party management companies for approval. They also play a leading role during the planning, construction and opening phases of a hotel project by coordinating between the Americas functional resources (e.g. Product & Brand Design, Legal, Sales & Marketing, and Corporate Operations) and the Owners / Developers.
• Provide the VP Select Hotel Operations, Americas with insights and market intelligence to help shape strategy and tactics in all areas.
• When necessary, involved in high-level associate and guest relations issues including service recovery and communication.
• Monitors the progress of Strategic Priorities and support the General Managers to address underperforming areas as needed.
• Serve as liaison between General Managers, 3rd party management companies and Owners in business review meetings and owner relations in collaboration with colleagues at Hyatt in the areas of Sales, Field Marketing and Revenue Management.
• Involvement and oversight in the Property Improvement Plan execution, where applicable.
• Responsible for the successful opening of new hotels.
• Visits hotels on a periodic basis to meet with General Managers, hotel leadership team, hotel colleagues, owners & asset managers.
• Supports and fosters an environment of creativity and innovation aligned with our brand standards and initiatives.
• Ensures hotel leaders are driving increased levels of technology use (GEM, Colleague Advantage, Reimagining Check In, etc.) to positively impact NPS and supporting metrics.
• Ensures that the hotels are a true and authentic representation of the relevant brand image as defined by the Hyatt Brand Lens.
• Involved and chair Focused Improvement Plan meetings (Stage 1 and Stage 2)
• Conduct Purpose and START presentations with all new GM’s, management companies, owners and asset managers at the host hotel.
• Attend new owner orientation to interact with the new colleagues in our brands.
• Ongoing calls with hotels and regionally as appropriate.
• Handling, facilitating and coordinating requests/issues that surface with our Franchisee community, which need attention and successful resolution.
• Owner Relations
o Responding to various Ownerships and 3rd Party Operators to their priorities/concerns.
o Negotiating with various Ownerhips physical conditions and a path to a resolution.
• New Owner/Operator screens
• START presentation for New GMs, Owners, Operators
• Attend owner orientations, quarterly RVP meetings, Preopening Conference Calls and End of Construction meetings
• Yearly portfolio review with Ownership/Management Companies
• Property visits/performance reviews
• Attend F.I.P meetings with Brand standards
• Attend hotel Grand Openings and have initial performance review while management company is represented
• Waiver review and initial approval
• Prodding – non-compliance, non-performance, non-response, non-payment, etc.
• Owner relations – maintaining and enhancing
• Reinforce “Purpose” with our owners, operators and hotel teams.
• Demonstrate a commitment to Hyatt core values (included in all job descriptions).
• The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary (included in all job descriptions).
• 5 years hospitality experience in a leadership position.
• Prefer applicant with experience in the operation of Select hotels.
• 4 – Year College Degree
• Educational emphasis on Hotel & Restaurant Management preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
• Certified Hotel Administrator preferred.
Computer Skills Needed to Perform this Job
• Intermediate to Advanced proficiency in Word, Excel, Powerpoint
Additional Comments and Requirements
• Ability and willingness to operate in a fast-pace, complex corporate environment
• Ability to travel regularly on a national basis
Primary Location: United States
Organization: Hyatt Corporate
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Job: Hotel Operations
Req ID: UNI001076
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.