Hyatt Chef de Partie - Pastry in XI'AN, China
- Uses fresh products whenever possible to ensure guests are always offered a variety of food items.
- Ensures food surpluses and leftovers are used according to the set guidelines and policies.
- Cooks and ensures foods are prepared according to the menus and a recipe, ensuring the quality of food meets the Hyatt International standards.
- Strictly adheres to food apportionment policy to effectively control costs.
- Takes interest in learning and preparing new products as directed by the Outlet Chef de Cuisine.
- Serves fresh food to guests which is prepared a la minute, is consistent in quality, and reflects the style of the outlet concept.
- Supervises cooking and other kitchen personnel and coordinates their assignments to ensure economical and timely food production.
- Observes methods of food preparation and cooking, sizes of portions, and garnishing of foods to ensure food is prepared in prescribed manner.
- Tests cooked food before plate-up and service.
- Ensures the cleanliness of all kitchen equipment.
- Ensures all Commis Chefs and Kitchen Apprentices use the right tool for the right job.
- Ensures all Commis Chefs and Kitchen Apprentices handle the food-preparing machine in a proper and safe manner.
- Ensures the cleanliness of the work areas at all time.
Primary Location: CN-61-Xi%27an
Organization: Grand Hyatt Xi%27ann
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: XIA000791
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.