Hyatt Commis 1 in AMMAN, Jordan
The Lombard restaurant is a modern Italian dining destination, where guests can come together to eat, drink, socialize, and relax.
Lombard Kitchen serve seasonal food using local suppliers and Italian produce, which aims to reconnect diners with nature through simple dishes that bring a little bit of the mountains breeze at Lombardy to your dish.
About the role:
The Commis 1 - Italian Restaurant is accountable for all aspects of the F&B experience of Lombard Restaurant by focusing ultimately on both guest and colleagues satisfaction.
Some of the key responsibilities:
· Set-up daily mise-en-place as per standards.
· Cleans and monitors work areas, equipment, utensils and Cold Room.
· Arranges plates and helps in dishing out of meal portions according tothe K.O.T. (Kitchen Order Ticket).
· Assist his immediate work colleagues, Supervisor in the performance ofhis duties.
· Takes charge of second Commis and if necessary in the absence of theChef-in-charge and ensure all the standards are maintained consistently.
· Records all Recipes in his own Recipe Book.
· Works under the supervision and close guidance of the Demi Chef and Chef-in- charge.
· Prepares Sauces, Soups, Vegetables, Potatoes and daily mise-en-place according to their requirement and keeps a close watch on them before they run short of it.
· Listens to guest complaints, comments and relays same to his Superior and ensures proper action plan prepared by the Chef is followed.
· Ensures to report on duty on time and maintain punctuality.
· Reports for overtime as and when requested by the Chef-in-charge.
· Collects items from the Store against the proper requisition and place them in the proper place on first-in first-out basis.
· Ensures that the hot food displayed are at the correct temperature.
· Ensures all the refilling are well presented on the buffet and maintains the quality.
· Follows all training classes which are held in the hotel.
What is in it for you?
12free nights per year of service across Hyatt Hotels worldwide
Employeeand Friends & Family rates across Hyatt Hotels worldwide
Uniformprovided and laundered complimentary
Complimentarymeals on duty
Continuouslearning and development
Busysocial calendar including annual summer & quarterly employeesgathering
Medicaland life insurance will be provided as per the local hotel premiuminsurance
Annualvacation as per your contract
Are you ready for a dynamic environment where you can truly shine?
- Gifted with great strength and ability, a person admired for achievements and noble qualities, one who shows great courage. In a broad overview, you will support and coordinate all the activities of the entire restaurant team and restaurant operation throughout Lunch and Dinner.
Primary Location: JO-AM-Amman
Organization: Grand Hyatt Amman
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: AMM000218
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.