Hyatt Revenue Manager in AMMAN, Jordan
What is your passion? Whether you are into tennis, shopping or karaoke, at Hyatt we are interested in YOU. At Hyatt, we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. In addition, we are looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
Now we are looking forRevenue Managerto join our energetic, enthusiastic and passionate team atGrand Hyatt Amman
Grand Hyatt Ammanenjoys a prime location in Amman.Grand Hyatt Ammanis only a 30-minute drive from Queen Alia International Airport. The 312 rooms equipped with an array of modern amenities and latest technology.
For meetings and conferences, the hotel is well equipped for hosting business and social gatherings of every description, with nine flexible function rooms. Over 340 colleagues are committed to maintaining the highest standards of luxury, quality and service which define the company.
As forRevenue Manageryou will be reporting directly toGeneral Managerand below are some of the key responsibilities:
· Using the tools provided (ie IBP) and in compliance with the Hyatt standards, maintains, updates and shares information in the areas of a master calendar of external events, competitor rate intelligence, RevPar penetration (RGI), arrival and spending patterns of commercial accounts, denial reports, meeting space allocation, guest capture rates (with the F&B Mgr), Loyalty program penetration both overall and by account (and for bookers), system contribution and trends in rooms and non-rooms revenues by channel, segment and account.
· Understand the composition of hotel profitability, and uses this to evaluate business from local accounts and groups to provide input to future rate setting and negotiation.
· Monitor competitor pricing for all revenue generating departments, understands the dynamic of the local market and the demand generators, and recommends appropriate actions to the Revenue Room Taskforce in relation to the hotel’s pricing and market mix strategy.
· Conduct weekly rate/sell strategy (yield) meetings with General Manager, DOSM, Reservations Manager, Front Office Manager and Catering Manager.
· Facilitate the Revenue Room Meeting (which the GM chairs) and generates reports and analyses needed for these meetings, displaying key facts/trends etc., on the revenue room walls.
· Monitor and determine demand periods for function space, rooms and catering through an analysis of historical data and current bookings. Responsible for tracking and analyzing of booking pace, group wash, cut off enforcement for groups as well as denied and regretted business.
· Approve and/or implement sell strategies for all group proposals above 9 rooms on any one night, and collaborates with the Director of Sales or Director of Catering on setting group and conference rates.
· Manage use of revenue systems* on a daily basis. This includes the responsibility for any manipulation of the yield hurdle points and daily inventory balancing where appropriate. Where a yield management system is not installed this includes responsibility for opening or closing Holidex Plus.
· Train and support hotel teams on revenue system* functionality and enhancements.
· Manage all channels (CRO, GDS, Internet direct and indirect) including but not limited to room types and sell strategy. Responsible for ensuring compliance with the Lowest Internet Rate Guarantee and managing third party distributors in compliance with Hyatt standards and rules).
· Guardian of IBP. Ensure compliance with all IBP rules and standard processes. Provide input to the annual budget process on all revenue aspects of the business. Provides medium-term revenue-based forecasts of required staffing levels to all departments.
· Conduct annual revenue management audits with the Regional Revenue Manager for all revenue generating departments.
· Provides technical support to Reservations and Front Office on up-selling and negotiating techniques.
· Champion all special projects relating to market research and operational optimization (resource planning, costing, Key Performance Indicators etc.).
· Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction
_ _ · High level of passion, enthusiasm and drive for results · Charismatic leader who can inspire and motivate team · Excellent communication skills across all mediums - presentation, telephone; correspondence, face-to-face etc. in English, a 2nd language is preferred. · Experience & ability to develop leading strategies to drive for best results. · Ambitious and eager to learn, grow and further develop own career · High level of common sense and high skill of problem solving and decision making · Drive for results to outperform competition · Proven track of a minimum 2 years’ experience as Revenue Manager in international hotels’ chain. · Hyatt International experience is preferred.
Primary Location: JO-AM-Amman
Organization: Grand Hyatt Amman
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: AMM000186
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.