Hyatt Sr. Sales Manager / corporate in AMMAN, Jordan
What is your passion? Whether you are into tennis, shopping or karaoke, at Hyatt we are interested in YOU. At Hyatt, we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. In addition, we are looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
Now we are looking for Sr.Sales Manager to join our energetic, enthusiastic and passionate team at GrandHyatt Amman
Grand Hyatt Amman enjoys a prime location in Amman. GrandHyatt Amman is only a 30-minute drive from Queen Alia International Airport. The 312 rooms equipped with an array of modern amenities and latest technology.
For meetings and conferences, the hotel is well equipped for hosting business and social gatherings of every description, with nine flexible function rooms. Over 340 colleagues are committed to maintaining the highest standards of luxury, quality and service which define the company.
As for Sr. Sales Manager you will be reporting directly to Director of Sales and Marketing and below are some of the key responsibilities:
· To develop in conjunction with the Director of Sales a structured, timely, achievable personal business plan.
·To support staff needs in other Divisions based on the hotel priorities and anticipated business levels.
·To maintain complete and supported records of all sales agreements, contract and quotes for the hotel as per Hyatt International Policies & Procedures.
· To have a good understanding of contribution margins for each product results and work with respective heads of departments to maximize Operating results.
· To achieve targets in terms of number of new active Accounts, Room Nights, Banquet Covers and Revenue as set by the Director of Marketing.
· To submit monthly entertainment schedule to the Director of Sales for approval.
· To understand and strictly adhere to the Rules & Regulations established in the Associates Handbook and the Hotel’s policy on Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
· To report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and name badge at all times accordance with Grand Hyatt Amman grooming standards.
· To maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times.
· To maintain a good rapport and working relationship with staff in the department colleagues and all other departments.
· To attend and contribute to all staff meetings Departmental and Hotel trainings scheduled and other related activities.
· To fully support the Departmental Training Function in the Department assigned.
· To undertake any reasonable tasks and secondary duties as assigned by Director Sales or Associate Director of Sales.
· To respond to any changes in Sales function as dictated by the market and the hotel.
· To project at all times a positive and motivated attitude and exercise self control.
· To have a complete understanding of the Income Audit Section in the Operations Manual and Policies & Procedures.
· To handle guest and associate inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner and report guest complaints or problems to supervisors if no immediate solution can be found and assure follow up with guests.
· To provide a courteous and professional service at all times.
· To attend all meetings as required by Leadership Management.
· To conduct monthly staff meetings.
· To ensure that the Place of Work and surrounding area is kept clean and organized at all times.
· Produces Quality Work
The ability to produce high quality work in a consistent and reliable manner, in support of Hyatt’s standards and processes
· Achieves Results
The ability to identify priorities, solve problems, produce desired results and be accountable for commitments
· Promotes Teamwork and Collaboration
The ability to build relationships within and across functions, balance individual and team goals, respect others and value different perspectives.
The ability to listen actively and identify appropriate messages and delivery methods to effectively influence others.
· Shows Initiative and Resourcefulness
The ability to initiate action, make decisions, adapt, drive change, use resources efficiently and solve problems quickly, creatively and practically
· Focuses on Customers
The ability to identify needs, shape actions and add value to relationships based on a central focus of customer satisfaction
· Car e
Hyatt’s higher purpose is based on care. Caring leaders build trust and engagement by cultivating genuine relationships. The capacity to care for one another is one of the strongest of all human traits. At the centre of caring is empathy. Leaders exhibit empathy when they connect personally and deeply with those around them.
· Serv e
Serving leaders create success for and through others. Such leaders are motivated by service to the higher purpose, the business and its stakeholders – not by the pursuit of power or personal gain. The success of these leaders is gauged by the success of others. They don’t try to solve all problems or to have all of the answers: they thrive by unleashing others in pursuit of goals. They understand and take direct responsibility for growing the next generation of leaders.
Learning leaders are inspired by learning and they take pride in further developing themselves. They are not afraid of – and they learn from – mistakes and failures. They make the intentional decision to continue to learn and grow throughout their lives, challenging themselves to be and do more, and gaining broader experiences. With their high learning agility and ability to be vulnerable, they reflect on and learn from experience, apply that learning to perform successfully under new or first-time conditions and share their learning, and themselves, with others.
· Adap t
Adaptive leaders demonstrate agility in the face of continuous change. They anticipate and thrive in changing environments where diversity of thought fosters innovation and creativity. They have the ability to create a climate where individuals can take risk, experiment, and learn from failure: often times with great speed. Adapting leaders constantly think about what changes are needed to stay relevant in the marketplace and to fulfil the organization’s purpose.
· Achiev e
Achieving leaders prioritize and do what is best for the business. They are outcome oriented and understand that superior financial performance benefits all stakeholders. They are bold, strategic and future-oriented. They see the big picture, understand how the different components of a system interconnect and behave over time, and help make sense out of complexity by simplifying. They possess sound judgment and can make quick decisions when needed.
· Well reputable experience and extensive knowledge in 5 stars hotel
· High level of passion, enthusiasm and drive for results
· Charismatic leader who can inspire and motivate team
· Excellent communication skills across all mediums - presentation, telephone; correspondence, face-to-face etc. in English, a 2nd language is preferred.
· Experience & ability to develop leading strategies to drive for best results.
· Ambitious and eager to learn, grow and further develop own career
· High level of common sense and high skill of problem solving and decision making
· Drive for results to outperform competition
Primary Location: JO-AM-Amman
Organization: Grand Hyatt Amman
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: AMM000221
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.