Hyatt Shift Engineer - Mechanical in AUCKLAND, New Zealand
* Permanent Full Time Position * Leading Global Hotel Brand * Competitive Salary & benefits * Learning, Development & Career advancement opportunities About Park Hyatt Auckland
Finding luxury in every detail, Park Hyatt hotels provide an experience of sophisticated, contemporary luxury. Located among the world’s premier cities and resort destinations, each custom-designed Park Hyatt hotel combines distinct regional character with elegant brand touches.
About the Role
Assists in the smooth and efficient running of the Engineering Department in support of all other operating departments
Some responsibilities of this role include:
- Carries out and completes all maintenance works/requests according to the established schedule and ensures high quality of finishing work. Pays particular attention to guest related jobs.
- Carry out repairs and maintenance to a quality standard to ensure the smooth operation of the hotel services.
- Participates in preventative maintenance.
- Become familiar with the operation and maintenance of the hotel equipment.
- To maintain and operate the building services equipment including, air handling units, chillers and associated plant, boilers, hot water circulating system, pump systems, spas and swimming pool equipment as assigned.
- Assists in maintaining the engineering workshop, storeroom and plant rooms cleanliness.
- Has a complete understanding of all duties relating to fire, safety, hygiene and health.
* Knowledge of air conditioning, ventilation, refrigeration systems and related refrigerants, chilled/condenser water components * Basic knowledge in managing fire main systems and associated pumps, sprinkler systems and equipment, with knowledge of fire, pressure vessel, electrical codes and occupational safety codes * Understanding for main/secondary drainage (plumbing) systems, electrical power distribution systems * Knowledge of Mechanical engineering * Safety courses, other related courses * Previous hotel experience is desired * Understanding of Work Health and Safety practices A career with Hyatt opens a world of opportunities. We have continually been named one of the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces.
Our values of Empathy, Creativity, Fun, Humility, Integrity and Respect are at the core of what we do. Our family atmosphere is what keeps our associates highly engaged. To get a peek of how our colleagues experience the brand, check out #InAHyattWorld or #WorldofHyatt at www.hyatt.com
If you are looking for a fulfilling career, please apply now.
Primary Location: NZ-N-Auckland
Organization: Park Hyatt Auckland
Job Level: Full-time
Job: Engineering/Facility Maintenance
Req ID: AUC000046
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.