Hyatt AM Lead Cook 3 in AUSTIN, Texas
Built in 1886 as a showpiece for Cattle Baron, Jesse Driskill; the Driskill is a legend in Texas hospitality. The hotel is known throughout Austin for its elite level of service and luxurious accommodations.
This culinary position requires good communication skills as well as at least two years of previous line and fine dining experience. A Culinary degree or related hotel experience preferred. Candidates should be able to perform all basic and intermediate cooking skills including preparation of soups, sauces, stocks, frying, broiling. This person may be required to give direction in the supervisor's absence.
We Offer A Variety Of Benefits: * Earn a SIGN-ON CASH BONUS of $500 * Career Growth and Advancement Opportunities * Medical/Dental/Prescription/Vision Insurance * $1,000/yr for Educational Assistance * Discounted Downtown Parking Options & Heavily Reduced Bus Passes * Discounted Room Nights * Free Meals in the Staff Cafeteria * Sick & Vacation Time * Paid Holidays * Flexible Schedules * 401(k)
- Requires good communication skills.
- 2-3 years of previous line experience preferred.
- Culinary degree or related hotel experience is preferred.
- Candidates should be able to perform all basic and intermediate cooking skills.
- Able to work multiple stations in the kitchen.
- Requires moderate supervision and training.
- Must have an open and flexible availability that includes weekends and holidays.
Primary Location: US-TX-Austin
Organization: The Driskill
Pay Basis: Hourly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: AUS004149
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.