Hyatt Convention Services Houseperson Lead in AUSTIN, Texas
Hyatt celebrates individuality and hires people for their curiosity and passion. We believe our guests select Hyatt Regency Austin because of our caring and attentive colleagues who are focused on providing efficient service and meaningful experiences.
The Convention Services Houseperson Lead is directly responsible for leading the PM Housemen in the Convention Services Department.
Responsibilities will include:
- Ensure proper set up of meeting facilities and handling guest's requests on the floor.
- Inspect each function room prior to the event to ensure that both the client's needs are fulfilled and the hotel standards are met.
- Initiate and maintain contact with each meeting planner (in-house) to ensure that all last-minute requests and changes are provided.
- Review daily worksheets and assigning specific duties to C.S. staff.
- Inspect each function room prior to, and during breaks, to insure that all requirements are met. Specific hotel standards must also be fulfilled.
- Organize and maintain the back of the house areas to ensure a productive and safe work environment.
- Ensure that all unused rooms are set to department's standards.
- Train and motivate staff.
We Offer A Variety Of Benefits: * Career Growth and Advancement Opportunities * Medical/Dental/Prescription/Vision Insurance * $1,000/yr for Educational Assistance * Complimentary Downtown Parking & Heavily Reduced Bus Passes * Discounted & Complimentary Hotel Room Nights * Free Meals in the Staff Cafeteria * Free Uniforms * Free Gym Use * Paid Time Off * 401(k) with Matching Opportunities
* Good communication skills. * Capability to provide clear and concise instructions. * 1 years of CS Houseperson and/or leadership experience. * The ability to manage time and priorities through multitasking in a work environment that is always changing. * The ability to remain calm under pressure and maintain a professional image. * Ability to stand for long periods of time * Ability to lift, push, pull moderate to heavy weight repetitively during entire shift. * Ability to work a flexible PM schedule, including weekends and holidays. * $11.25/h tips
Primary Location: US-TX-Austin
Organization: Hyatt Regency Austin
Pay Basis: Hourly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: AUS005006
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.