Hyatt Cook 2 | Banquets in AUSTIN, Texas
Built in 1886 as a showpiece for Cattle Baron, Jesse Driskill, the Driskill is a legend in Texas hospitality. The hotel is known throughout Austin for its elite level of service and luxurious accommodations.
The intermediate Banquet Cook requires good communication and culinary skills. Banquet cooks assist the team when we have scheduled events at the hotel, such as weddings, business conferences, parties, etc. The hours for this position can vary depending on when events are scheduled, ranging from early morning to late at night. Candidates must have weekend/holiday availability.
The desired cook candidate will have previous kitchen experience. The desired candidate should also have professional knowledge of cooking ingredients and procedures. Intermediate Banquet Cooks will work single stations in the kitchen and require some supervision and training. Two years of previous kitchen experience is preferred.
We Offer A Variety Of Benefits:
- Career Growth and Advancement Opportunities
- Medical/Dental/Prescription/Vision Insurance
- $1,000/yr for Educational Assistance
- Discounted Downtown Parking Options & Heavily Reduced Bus Passes
- Discounted Room Nights
- Free Meals in the Staff Cafeteria
- Sick & Vacation Time
- Paid Holidays
- Flexible Schedules
* Refined verbal communication skills. * 2 years of previous kitchen experience preferred. * Culinary degree or related hotel experience is preferred. * Candidate should be able to perform all basic cooking skills. * Able to work single station in the kitchen. * A true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast paced environment. * Ability to stand for long periods of time. * Able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays.
Primary Location: US-TX-Austin
Organization: The Driskill
Pay Basis: Hourly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: AUS004965
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.