Hyatt Culinary Supervisor in AUSTIN, Texas
Built in 1886 as a showpiece for Cattle Baron, Jesse Driskill, the Driskill is a legend in Texas hospitality. The hotel is known throughout Austin for its elite level of service and luxurious accommodations.
The Culinary Supervisor will supervise the preparation and cooking of various food items, and also work with the Chef Tournant and the Sous Chef to manage the department of hourly kitchen employees. The hours for this position can vary depending on when events are scheduled, ranging from early morning to late at night. Candidates must have a flexible schedule and weekend and holiday availability.
Some duties include but are not limited to:
- Leading and coaching the team towards achieving exceptional guest service and employee satisfaction results
- Producing a consistent, quality product that meets and exceeds the guests' needs in a timely manner
- Monitoring food production, ordering, cost, and quality and consistency on a daily basis
- Ensuring proper safety and sanitation of all kitchen facilities and equipment
- Leading department trainings
- Assuming department responsibilities and leading the team in the absence of the Chef Tournant/Sous Chef
- Assisting with monitoring payroll costs and overtime
- Working with little to no supervision
We Offer A Variety Of Benefits:
- Career Growth and Advancement Opportunities
- Medical/Dental/Prescription/Vision Insurance
- $1,000/yr for Educational Assistance
- Discounted Downtown Parking Options & Heavily Reduced Bus Passes
- Discounted Room Nights
- Free Meals in the Staff Cafeteria
- Sick & Vacation Time
- Paid Holidays
- Flexible Schedules
* Requires refined communication skills, strong leadership and relationship skills. * 3 years of previous line experience preferred. * Culinary degree or related restaurant experience is preferred. * Candidates should be able to perform all intermediate and advanced cooking skills. * Able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays. * Must exhibit a positive attitude and have a passion for teamwork.
Primary Location: US-TX-Austin
Organization: The Driskill
Pay Basis: Hourly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: AUS005028
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.