Hyatt Integrative Wellbeing Specialist, Astrologer-Full Time & Part Time in AUSTIN, Texas
Miraval Austin (formally Travaasa Experiential Resort) sits nestled in 210 acres of the Balcones Canyonlands Preserve overlooking beautiful Lake Travis and just 30 minutes from downtown Austin. Our property is currently undergoing extensive renovations, and will soon include 117 guest rooms, conference facilities, a beautifully-appointed restaurant with an exhibition kitchen and outdoor patio, full-service spa with infinity edge pool, fitness center, horse stables and covered arena, farm, a challenge course, and many other facilities and amenities available to our guests at this all-inclusive resort.
During our time of growth and expansion, we are seeking an Integrative Wellbeing Specialist, Astrologer (Full Time and Part Time) to join our growing team. Under the general direction of the Director of Spa & Integrative Wellbeing, the Integrative Wellbeing Specialist, Astrologer is accountable for facilitating Integrative Wellbeing programming in the form of workshops and lectures as well as providing one-on-one consultation services to help Miraval guests discover balance and nurture wellbeing.
As part of the Hyatt and Miraval family, we offer a complete benefits package, including Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance; 401(k); ESPP, and complementary and discount Hyatt nights.
Miraval associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Whether it is career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
- Provide a variety of lectures, workshops and classes for Miraval guests
- Provide one-on-one guest consultations on lifestyle issues
- Maintain materials used in facilitation of programs
- Develop new curriculum, as well as manages changes and improvements to existing programs based on current research
- Manage attendance numbers for facilitated classes
- Participate in additional Miraval programs as needed
- Must be able to respond to a wide variety of individual guest needs in the areas of lifestyle management: o be familiar with health and wellness issues and be able to respond appropriately o be familiar with community, national and international resources for a variety of guest needs o be able to relate empathically and helpfully to individual guests o be able to meaningfully facilitate groups and workshops o possess good communication and public speaking skills o understand, practice and model mindfulness
Fulfills marketing requests (article requests, blog posts, etc.) Qualifications
Knowledge of Eastern and Western Astrology preferred
- Polished and professional physical presentation, appropriate for brand representation
- Computer proficiency including effective use of email, routine database activity, word processing, graphics and spreadsheets
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
Impeccable service skills with keen ability to foster and grow client relationships Education and/or Experience
Minimum of 5 years’ experience in integrative health and wellness focused programs, preferably in a spa or resort setting
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in independent practice and/or facilitating groups
Primary Location: US-TX-Austin
Organization: Miraval Austin Resort and Spa
Pay Basis: Hourly
Job Level: Full-time
Job: Spa Fitness and Wellness
Req ID: AUS004265
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.