Hyatt Director of Leisure Travel in AVON, Colorado
At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing efficient service and meaningful experiences.
The Director of Leisure Travel will create and manage the leisure and business travel sales strategy for the Park Hyatt Beaver Creek Resort & Spa. This position reports to the Director of Sales, Marketing & Events and will manage and nurture existing accounts, as well as prospect and secure new accounts and relationships.
· Selling guest rooms and Hyatt services to transient market customers through corporate accounts, luxury travel agencies, individual travel and wholesale groups
· Duties include managing current accounts, ensure proper solicitation of all transient markets, and may include travel to major cities within market
· Duties also include preparing and presenting effective proposals, presentations, maintaining well organized documentation and reports, utilization of Hyatt technology systems and coordination of customer service requirements with hotel operations staff as appropriate
· The Director of Leisure Travel will also participate and may lead event meetings, sales and other staff meetings
· The Director of Leisure Travel also works as a team member with the sales and events staff
· Work closely with the Director of Revenue Management on rate strategies, offers, packages, protecting displacement and yield revenues
· Additional duties and responsibilities include:
o Create a specific sales strategy by season and by segment (luxury consortia, wholesale)
o Developing a Suite sales strategy to proactively capture high revenue suite sales
o Identify hotel’s top accounts and benchmark against comp set top accounts with detailed strategy on how to capture additional market share
o Identify the mid-level accounts where Hotel wants to see increased production and detail a strategy on how to grow this level of accounts
o Work with Front Office and engage directly with VIP guests while in-house to ensure satisfaction
o Utilize a Road Map to plan and track all sales efforts
o Utilize various Hyatt technology systems to provide detailed account reporting monthly
o Ensure all OTA’s are consistently and correctly loaded
o Assist with World of Hyatt guest management
o Work with Vail Resorts & Beaver Creek Resort Association to develop Beaver Creek as a year-round destination
Hyatt is a place where high expectations aren't just met-they're exceeded. It's a place of outstanding rewards, where talent opens doors to exciting challenges in the hospitality industry. It's a place where career opportunities are as unlimited as your imagination. Discover your place to shine in our warm, respectful, and inclusive culture.
You're more than welcome.
- A true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast paced environment
- Refined verbal, written, and presentation skills
- A minimum of 3-5 years of hotel sales experience preferred.
- Must be proficient in general computer knowledge, rfp express, lanyon, and salesforce.com
- Has completed selling, negotiating, business writing and presentation skills training
Primary Location: US-CO-Avon
Organization: Park Hyatt Beaver Creek
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: AVO001628
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.