Hyatt Sunriver Resort Line Cook I at Carson%27s, Merchant Trader, Spotted Frog, and Food Truck in BEND, Oregon
// //Cook I is responsible for cooking, preparing, and garnishing all hot food and cold food for Restaurants, Amenities, Room Service, Banquets, Sunday Brunch and all Catered events. The Cook I will assist to maintain the AAA Four Diamond Standards.
* * ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist in the daily production of Restaurants, banquets, room service and outlet menus, as well as monitoring the day to day prep lists.
- Maintain and complete daily prep lists and tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Ensure all requisitions are processed properly and placed in designated areas
- Properly label and date all products to ensure safekeeping and sanitation
- Apply basic knife skills required for preparation of hot and cold foods
- Produce recipes efficiently and consistently
- Team player
- Ensures portion necessities and portion control for all food functions are recipes, especially high cost items
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment to perform duties under pressure and meet deadlines in a timely manner
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations
- Follow all HACCP guidelines
- Meet with Sous Chef to review assignments, anticipated business levels, changes and other information pertinent to the job performance
- Breakdown work station and complete closing duties; return all food items to the proper storage areas; rotate all returned product wrap cover label and date all item being put away; straighten up organize all storage areas clean up and wipe down food prep areas reach ins/walk ins and shelves; return all unused and clean utensil/equipment to the specified locations; ice down hot items from the steam table so they cool quickly; turn off all equipment not needed for the next shift; restock items that were depleted during the shift
- Maintains an up to date working knowledge of all resort amenities as well as any special events
- Interacts with resort staff in a professional manner, assisting other departments when necessary /
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION: * High school education required * At least one year kitchen/prep experience or one year of culinary school required JOB REQUIRMENTS: * Must have valid Food Handler’s card * Must have complete understanding of the fundamentals of the culinary operation * Must be able to accurately follow instructions, both verbally and written * Must be able to work with an around kitchen equipment * Must be able to work with and around a diverse group of food, seasonings, etc. * Must possesses excellent communication skills * Must be professional in appearance and demeanor * Must be able to work under pressure * Must be able to work in a fast paced environment * Must have excellent listening skills _*
Primary Location: US-Oregon-Sunriver
Organization: Sunriver Resort
Pay Basis: Hourly
Job Level: Seasonal
Req ID: SUN000234
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.