Hyatt Campround Host- Full Time in BIG SUR, California
Ventana Big Sur, an Alila Resort, is an iconic resort in the heart of the California Central Coast's rugged landscape, perched at the edge of the continent overlooking the majestic Pacific coastline. Set among 160 acres of rolling meadows, towering redwoods and Pacific Ocean views, the intimate resort features 59 guest rooms, suites and villas, Spa Alila, two pools with outdoor Japanese hot baths, The Sur House restaurant, Social House, Glass House Gallery and 12,000 square feet of event and meeting space surrounded by the stunning beauty of Big Sur. Complimentary guest experiences include daily guided walks through the serene landscape, yoga, Tai Chi and Pilates classes, s'mores and wine and cheese tastings. Guests can enjoy mind-body-soul experiences through the resort's Alila Experience Program while the new Redwood Canyon Glampsites offer a rustic-luxury twist on traditional camping in the resort's redwood forest.
Job Overview Campground hosts need to be enthusiastic, outgoing, and friendly. They need to be highly visible in the campsite and make guests feel welcomed. All sorts of people go camping, and you are guaranteed to meet a wide range of characters from all over the world who are full of questions. It’s your job to be the expert on everything.
* * Provide recreation information to guests including, but not limited to, price, timing, and location
* * Record guest reservations in the appropriate log and assist in the preparation of activities
* * Secure payment method upon reservation or check-in
* * Assist in creating, participation and implementation of recreation programs
- Somewhat unpredictable circumstances including inclement weather will determine how much of your work day will involve these types of activities. Many of these tasks require manual labor such as:
- Maintaining clean facilities including, emptying trash containers and sweeping floors, cleaning bathrooms, cleaning glamping sites including changing linens
- Maintaining clear roadways and paths
- Clean campsites by performing minor maintenance tasks such as raking the campsite pad, washing tables, cleaning out fire rings, picking up litter, reporting any damage to your supervisor. Each site must be cleaned after every camper checks out and before another checks in
- Picking up litter throughout the complex
Be observant for activities within the campground requiring immediate attention.
Qualifications * High school diploma or general education degree (GED or two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience) * Minimum of one year supervisory experience in a high volume setting preferred * Previous hospitality experience in a Four Diamond quality organization preferred * Previous experience with Windows, Office, and property management systems highly desirable * Must be able to understand, speak, read, and write in the basic English language * Ability to effectively communicate and provide directions in a clear, concise and professional manner in both verbal and written form * Demonstrate ability to compute basic arithmetic. Must be available to work, varied shifts and flexible schedules
Primary Location: US-CA-Big Sur
Organization: Ventana Big Sur, An Alila Resort
Pay Basis: Hourly
Job Level: Full-time
Job: Golf and Recreation
Req ID: BIG000157
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.