Hyatt Guest Services Manager in BIG SUR, California
At Ventana Big Sur, we believe our guests select Ventana because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing efficient service and meaningful experiences.
This role leads other associates by coaching, giving direction and may include training, scheduling, payroll and interviewing. Guest Service Managers lead associates in significant service providing positions that may include bell, concierge, door, and valet. This highly visible role gives opportunity for casual conversation and has a direct impact on creating the guest experience. This position requires knowledge of hotel services, local events and venues, and transportation options.
Ventana Big Sur associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Whether it's career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
You're more than welcome.
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others, demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
- Supervises and manages employees. Manages all day-to-day operations. Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees' absence.
- Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team members.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and ensures employees do the same within the team.
- Handles complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
Maintains a strong working relationship with all departments to support property operations and goals and to expedite the resolution of any problems that may arise through the general operation of the property.
- Ensures that regular on-going communication is happening with employees to create awareness.Sets a positive example for guest relations.
- Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
- Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals.
- Strives to improve service performance.
- Provides immediate assistance to guests as requested. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent. Some college or professional school preferred
- Minimum 3 years of management, hospitality, service or sales experience in a fast paced environment
- Proficient mathematical skills
- Knowledge of administrative procedures, customer service principles and practices
- Aptitude for understanding financial reports and extracting information
- Strong working knowledge of various computer software such as ADP, Kronos, Opera, and Microsoft Office
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills with attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize, coordinate, multi-task and demonstrate initiative
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekdays, weeknights, weekends, and holidays
Primary Location: US-CA-Big Sur
Organization: Ventana Big Sur, An Alila Resort
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Job: Guest Services
Req ID: BIG000027
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.