Hyatt Assistant Banquets Manager in BOSTON, Massachusetts
At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing authentic hospitality and meaningful experiences to each and every guest. Hyatt is a place where high expectations aren't just met-they're exceeded. It's a place of outstanding rewards, where talent opens doors to exciting challenges in the hospitality industry. Development opportunities and career path options are endless with Hyatt; there's virtually no limit to where your ambition can take you in our world-class organization. Discover your place to shine in our warm, respectful, and inclusive culture.
Our Hyatt Culture is represented by our mission, values, and goals through: Innovation, Respect, Service-Orientation and Inclusion. Innovative, Hyatt employees are forward thinking and passionate as we seek new ways to advance in the hospitality industry. Respect, Hyatt employees are inspired by team spirit and camaraderie. Service-Oriented, Hyatt employees are customer focused by providing authentic hospitality in every way every time. Diversity and Inclusion, Diversity is an integral part of who we are and what we represent.
Goal of the Assistant Event Services Manager : Effectively and proactively monitors the daily functions of the Events Services Department. This is including providing support and guidance to the banquet team, including Banquet Servers, Bartender, and Convention Services positions. This also includes working and communicating closely with all hotel departments and to ensure a successful and effective event resulting in a positive guest experience.
The Assistant Event Services Manager Responsibilities may include:
- Supports and Manages the Events Department while working closely with the Banquets Manager and other hotel departments.
- Supervise, Empower, Lead, Coach and Motivate the Banquet team including Servers, Bartenders, and Houseperson's towards achieving exceptional guest service results and complete associate engagement
- Ensure thorough communication and understanding with guests and other departments by reviewing Banquet Event Orders. Responsible for the appropriate and timely set up of all functions and meetings while. maintaining standards of food, beverage and meeting specifications
- Responsible for proactively reviewing staffing and equipment needs
- Responsible for maintaining a high energy, positive, professional appearance
- Responsible for developing innovative and creative décor for Banquet function space
- Responsible for short and long term banquet functions in the front and back of the house
- Creates an environment establishing highest standards of quality service and ensures implementation through effective hiring, training development, promotion and continuous reinforcement.
- Administrative tasks may include the facilitation of payroll, reports, forecasts, point of sale procedures, inventory and budget for food and beverage functions
Ability to develop ideas for special events and holiday functions
Hyatt associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance, yet reaps great rewards...whether it's career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive working environment. If you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
- A true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast paced environment.
- Refined verbal communication skills
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and walk moderate distances
- Ability to lift, pull, and push a moderate weight (about 50 pounds)
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays
- Proficient in basic computer skills
Primary Location: US-MA-Boston
Organization: Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Job: Hotel Operations
Req ID: BOS002033