Hyatt Assistant Director of Food and Beverage in BOSTON, Massachusetts
At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing efficient service and meaningful experiences.
The Assistant Director of Food and Beverage is responsible for overseeing and directing the Banquets, Restaurant, In-Room Dining, and Bar functions. This position reports directly to the Director of Operations.
- Responsible for short and long term planning and the management of the Food and Beverage operations in the front and back of the house
- Develop and recommend the budget, marketing plans and objectives and manages within those approved plans
- Direct and oversee development of employees
- Hire, train, empower, coach and counsel, performance and salary reviews
- Direct the implementation of the payroll, reports, forecasts, inventory and budget for food and beverage operations
- Coordinate food and beverage operations with other hotel departments to ensure efficient guest service
- Resolve customer complaints as appropriate to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and quality
- Implement procedures to increase guest and associate satisfaction
- Exercise quality control for both food and beverage
- Maintaining Hyatt standards of service and ensure their implementation
- Performing daily walk-through to ensure full compliance with Department of Health regulations and Hyatt Corporate standards
Coach and counsel employees to reflect Hyatt service standards and procedures Hyatt associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Whether it's career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
You're more than welcome.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with people of diverse socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds
- 3 years or more of progressive hotel Food and Beverage experience (typically with Hyatt)
- Service oriented style with professional presentations skills
- At least 2 years experience in a senior role in a food and beverage environment
- Proven leadership skills
- Hotel/Hospitality degree an asset
- Must possess the following strengths: high energy, entrepreneurial spirit, motivational leader, proven track record in high volume concept, effective communicator, effective in providing exceptional customer service and ability to improve the bottom line
- Clear concise written and verbal communication skills in English
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal and administrative skills
- Experience implementing new F&B concepts
Primary Location: US-MA-Boston
Organization: Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Job: Food and Beverage
Req ID: BOS002012