Hyatt Guest Experienc Supervisor: Food & Beverage in CALGARY, Canada
JOB SUMMARY: Guest Experience Supervisor: Food & Beverage
Bar & Restaurant Overview
Hyatt Regency Calgary is looking forward to the exciting new direction of its casual dining restaurant, Thomsons. Come spring, the hotel's signature outlet will be redefined as an all-day dining serving breakfast, lunch and dinner with the ability to convert into a stylish, chic bar serving an impressive selection of wines, seasonal cocktails and signature concoctions. Its relaunch on May 15, 2019 will be a fresh new addition to the thriving dining scene of the historic Stephen Avenue Walk.
We are looking for a Guest Experience Supervisor: Food and Beverage
Guest Experience Supervisor who will be responsible for the smooth operations of our Bar and Restaurant, Thomsons, ourIn-Room Dining Operation and Bakers Café and leading our Food and Beverage Hosts.Our Food and Beverage Hosts are the smiling, gracious means to an excellent dining experience for our guests.
- Supervise, support and assist our Food and Beverage Hosts in ensuring daily duties are performed at an exceptional level
- Provide suggestions for implementation and training as required
- Training and coaching team members
- Ensure delivery of exceptional guest experience
- First point of contact for any escalated service situations
- Providing resolutions to our guest concerns with a high level of satisfaction
- Assist with report generation, scheduling, payroll and inventory management as required.
- Have full knowledge of all food & beverage menu items, garnishes, contents and preparation methods, as well as an understanding and awareness of allergens.
- Ensure the restaurant looks presentable at all times
- Maintain quality and timeliness of service in order to elevate each guest experience.
- Understanding and adhering to all hotel policies, procedure and standards including those related to Alberta Health and ECOSURE.
- Support the other Food & Beverage Hosts when needed
- Make employee and guest safety a cultural cornerstone to maintain our reputation as an industry leader and guest safety advocate.
- Excellent local knowledge to provide to our guests and intimate knowledge of our food and beverage menus.
Experience * * Our Guest Experience Supervisor: Food and Beverage will be am individual who genuinely cares about our guests and understands that our food and beverage offering is the central ingredient in the recipe of success. The ability to multitask and priorities is important, as well as the ability to work well under pressure.
As a minimum, we expect all our Supervisors to be able to engage and connect with guests, with a creative, forward thinking approach. Flexibility to work a variety of shift patterns and a desire to provide exceptional customer service is essential.
§ Service-oriented style with professional presentation skills § F&B service experience, preferably as a lead or supervisor § Familiarity with Hyatt operating systems (Micros) and Microsoft Office preferred § Must possess the following strengths: high energy, effective communicator, effective in providing exceptional customer service, calm and collected presence under pressure § Clear concise written and verbal communication skills, and excellent attention to detail § Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal, decision-making and administrative skills § ProServe certification or ability to acquire within 30 days § Valid Class 5 driver’s license with clean driving abstract § Experience of leading teams would be an asset.
Primary Location: CA-AB-Calgary
Organization: Hyatt Regency Calgary
Pay Basis: Hourly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: CAL002092
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.