Hyatt Remote -Business Development Sales Manager in CAMBRIDGE, Maryland
Must reside in Approved Markets: Washington, DC/Philadelphia, PA/New York City * Under the direction of the DOS identify and target customers (group/travel agent & wholesale negotiated, consumer direct and transient as assigned) that will generate business on behalf of hotel. * 80% of time expected in outside sales calls
* Communicate hotels rates and concessions and subsequently confirm/sign contracts that ensure hotel budget and revenue targets are achieved.
* Recommend concessions and pricing to DOS/Revenue Mgmt as needed to secure business in support of hotel budget targets.
* Utilize Various Prospecting Resources to solicit and secure business on behalf of hotel.
* Use company wide programs, sales developments, prospecting projects, Hyatt Sales Force customer events and reporting for business development of assigned segment(s).
* Follow up on all business inquiries and leads and qualify business to generate room nights.
* With DOS create and execute account plans for assigned market territory to ensure maximum revenue and budgeted targets are achieved. Make recommendations to DOS for re: pricing, room night production, sales activities, etc.
* Achieve monthly, quarterly and annual revenue and direct sales goals including outside sales calls, prospecting calls, site inspections, and entertainment as outlined.
* Complete quarterly action plans with the assistance/support from DOS.
· Meet and hopefully exceed hotel’s annual budgeted revenue for assigned segment.
· Achieve maximum RevPar index to ensure market domination and fair share obtained or exceeded.
· Coordinate sales calls with other Hyatt BDM’s when possible
- Maintain thorough and complete product knowledge of hotel property and in-depth understanding of comp set’s Features/Advantages/Benefits.
Cross sell all revenue centers of resort including, but not limited to Spa, Golf, Marina
Prioritizing & Time Management
Prioritize active selling, solicitation and business development as core job function.
- Schedule activities effectively and meet deadlines.
- Handle sales calls and trips in a cost and time-efficient manner and within compliance of established budgets.
Plan activities in advance. Ability to coordinate special events, promotions and other required management duties as assigned.
In-Market Community Connections
Participate in local group/meetings organizations as needed in-market for BDM.
Identify, select and participate in local organization that will garner positive exposure for hotel, increase network of potential clients, and generate new business opportunities. Ideally, there would be an opportunity to serve on a committee or board to demonstrate leadership within the community.
· Expand customer reach and gain exposure and credibility within marketplace. Increase lead production and maintain positive image for hotel and brand.
Understand and maximize the utilization of all automated sales and reservations systems involved with corporate or travel industry business.
- Participate in sales meetings and hotel meetings as required.
- Respond and maintain effective correspondence with all potential and existing clients.
Follow a tactical sales plan that is created by the DOS
· Data integrity for effective and thorough record-keeping, trend analysis and business intelligence.
· Development of annual plans and accountability of deliverables.
Work independently without administrative support.
- Maintain a professional appearance and conduct personal behavior in a mature professional business manner where representing the hotel or company.
- Be a sound analyser and problem solver.
- Be a do-er and implementer.
- Be a team member and assist as needed within department or hotel.
- Work with the DOS & Revenue Mgmt to understand profitability, pattern management and yield management strategies.
Communicate industry trends or market data as needed to better understand our marketplace and business.
· Have a strong attention to detail, monitor quality and be obsessively service oriented.
· Be versatile and flexible and maintain composure during stressful times.
2-yrs in luxury hotel sales related experience or conference planner role preferred, or 4 years in sales as a sales manager.
· Telephone prospecting skills
· Time Management Skills
· Selling through Email and person to person
· Rapport developing skills
· Organizational Skills
· Verbal Communication Skills
· Written Communication Skills
· Presentation Skills
Primary Location: US-MD-Cambridge
Organization: Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa and Marina
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: CAM002011