Hyatt Facilities Housekeeping Attendant in CHARLESTON, South Carolina
_SUMMARY:_/ /The Public Area Attendant is responsible for ensuring the standards of cleanliness for public areas of the resort are achieved and maintained on a consistent basis to provide the highest level of guest satisfaction in cleanliness and service. The Public Spaces attendant must follow the required procedures for handling, cleaning, disposing, or moving of objects/materials and/or the clean-up of blood, infectious materials, or body fluids containing blood in accordance with the OSHA Blood-borne Pathogen Standards. S/he will assist in maintaining the AAA Four Diamond Standards. S/he may be asked on occasion to service a guest room to the Wild Dunes standards of cleanliness.
The Public Area Attendant shall strive to provide exceptional service to both internal and external guests at all times. S/he will be responsible for exemplifying the Wild Dunes Resort Culture as well as promoting Wild Dunes Resort as both the Destination and Employer of Choice!
*ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:*
- Cleans and sanitizes all designated areas to Wild Dunes Resort standards.
- Washes windows, walls, ceilings, and woodwork, waxing and polishing as needed.
- Dusts and polish furniture and equipment.
- Keeps cleaning caddies, vehicles, and closets, clean, stocked, and orderly at all times.
- Empties wastebaskets, empty and clean ashtrays, and transport other trash and waste to disposal.
- Maintains constant awareness of safety issues, (i.e. broken glass, frayed electrical cords, leaks, broken locks and suspicious persons). Report any needed repairs immediately to supervisor.
- Acts with responsibility towards all company property, supplies and equipment.
- Follows through on lost and found procedures. No articles shall be removed from occupied spaces. Absolute respect for guest property should always be exercised.
- Operates various mechanized cleaning equipment, such as vacuums, power washers, leaf blowers, etc.
- Reports to work on time and according to posted schedule, maintains accurate time records and follows proper standards for issuance of areas/buildings.
- Attends appropriate resort, division and department meetings.
- Maintains a professional appearance. Follows all Wild Dunes Resort dress code standards.
- Remains alert, courteous and helpful to the guests and colleagues at all times.
Colleague is held accountable for all duties of this job, other duties as assigned and standards outlined in the Wild Dunes Resort handbook.
_Job REQUIRMENTS:_ * Must be authorized to work in the United States * Must have valid Driver’s License and meet company driving standards * Must be able to accurately follow instructions, both verbally and written * Must be professional in appearance and demeanor * Must be able to work under pressure * Must be able to work in a fast paced environment * Must have excellent listening skills * Must always ensure a teamwork environment * Must have basic knowledge of chemicals and their uses * Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings, weekends and holidays * Must have the ability to deal effectively and interact well with the guests and Colleagues * Must have the ability to resolve problems/conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner * Must have a passion for creating an exceptional experience for all guests
_Working CONDITIONS:_ * * Must be able to stand and walk throughout the day, with intermittent periods of stair climbing; * Must be able to repetitively lift, push, pull & carry up to 10 lbs, frequently up to 25 lbs and occasionally up to 50 lbs; * Must be able to twist, bend and squat frequently; kneel or crawl occasionally ; infrequently climb a ladder * Must be able to work in a variety of weather conditions (rain, wind, snow, heat); with exposure to chemicals and dust. * Must be able to perform repetitive hand & arm movements and simple grasping constantly; pushing & pulling, squeezing and overhead reaching frequently. *
Primary Location: US-SC-Isle of Palms
Organization: Wild Dunes Resort
Pay Basis: Hourly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: ISL000229
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.