Hyatt Facilities Housekeeping Manager in CHARLESTON, South Carolina
SUMMARY:/ /The Facilities Housekeeping Manager is responsible for ensuring the standards of cleanliness for public areas of the resort are achieved and maintained on a consistent basis to provide the highest level of guest satisfaction in cleanliness and service. The Facilities Housekeeping Manager must assure staff follow the required procedures for handling, cleaning, disposing, or moving of objects/materials and/or the clean-up of blood, infectious materials, or body fluids containing blood in accordance with the OSHA Blood-borne Pathogen Standards. S/he will assist in maintaining the AAA Four Diamond Standards. S/he may be asked on occasion to service a guest room to the Wild Dunes standards of cleanliness.
The Facilities Housekeeping Manager shall strive to provide exceptional service to both internal and external guests at all times. S/he will be responsible for exemplifying the Wild Dunes Resort Culture as well as promoting Wild Dunes Resort as both the Destination and Employer of Choice. __ _ _
Essential job FUNCTIONS: * Responsible for management and administration of the Resort Common Areas housekeeping operations. * Responsible for routine floor care, carpet care, bathroom cleaning, office cleaning, deck cleaning, indoor/outdoor fixtures, garages, porches, balconies, and breakrooms * Safely utilize heavy equipment: floor care machines, power washers, vacuums, blowers, * Responsible for assisting in budgeting, forecasting and control of housekeeping operating expenses including payroll, inventories, supplies and other departmental operating expenses. * Perform ongoing quality inspections of common areas and take corrective action as needed to address quality deficiencies particularly in regards to housekeeping issues. * Facilitation and completion of annual performance appraisals for Facilities Housekeeping Staffing in accordance to resort standards/policies. * Conducts and/or assures completion of morning stand-up meetings. * Knows all safety and emergency procedures and their role in assisting during these times * Performs the interviewing and hiring of Facilities Housekeeping Staffing. * Attend all scheduled meetings as required * Maintains communication with Supervisors and Attendants. * Ensures all housekeeping equipment is in proper working order. * Handles daily/weekly/monthly purchasing, receiving, invoicing and billing. * Coaches and counsels housekeeping team. * Recommends discipline and/or termination when necessary. * Resolves Colleague/guest issues promptly and with great care and effectiveness. * Communicates pertinent information to team, i.e. in-house VIPs, changes in policies and procedures, resort events, etc. * Provides insight to Manager on Duty team regarding challenges/opportunities with Facilities Housekeeping and Guests, Events, or Group Attendees (Arriving, In-House, or Departed). * Maintains an up to date working knowledge of all resort amenities as well as any special events * Maintains constant awareness of safety issues, (i.e. broken glass, frayed electrical cords, leaks, broken locks and suspicious persons). Reports all safety incidents to on-duty supervisor. * Responsible for all company property, supplies and equipment. * Remains alert, courteous and helpful to the guests and colleagues at all times.
eXPERIENCE & eDUCATION:
- Minimum of High School Diploma, GED
- College Education preferred
- 2 year of Housekeeping experience
- 1 Year of Housekeeping Supervisor Experience
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Supervisory and organizational skills
- Experience in large resort properties is preferred
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Must be have valid South Carolina Drivers license and meet company driving standards
- Must be able to read and speak English
- Must be able to accurately follow instructions, both verbally and written
- Must possesses excellent communication skills
- Must be professional in appearance and demeanor
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Must have excellent listening skills
- Must always ensure a teamwork environment
- Must have basic knowledge of chemicals and their uses
- Ability to work a flexible that may include evenings, weekends and holidays
- Must have the ability to deal effectively and interact well with the guests and Colleagues
- Must have the ability to resolve problems/conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner
- Must have a passion for creating an exceptional experience for all guests
- Must be able to stand and walk throughout the day, with intermittent periods of stair climbing;
- Must be able to repetitively lift, push, pull & carry up to 50 lbs, frequently up to 50 lbs and occasionally up to 150 lbs;
- Must be able to twist, bend and squat frequently; kneel or crawl occasionally ; infrequently climb a ladder
- Must be able to work in a variety of weather conditions (rain, wind, snow, heat); with exposure to chemicals and dust.
- Must be able to perform repetitive hand & arm movements and simple grasping constantly; pushing & pulling, squeezing and overhead reaching frequently.
Primary Location: US-SC-Isle of Palms
Organization: Wild Dunes Resort
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: ISL000261
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.