Hyatt Massage Therapist in CHARLESTON, South Carolina
_Summary:_/ /The Massage Therapist is responsible for administering body treatments and massages to guests. S/he will provide exceptional service to create an extraordinary guest experience. The Massage Therapist will maintain the AAA Four Diamond standards.The Massage Therapist shall strive to provide exceptional service to both internal and external guests at all times. S/he will be responsible for exemplifying the Wild Dunes Resort Culture as well as promoting Wild Dunes Resort as both the Destination and Employer of Choice!
Essential job FUNCTIONS: * Provides prompt service with each appointment and performs services within the appropriate allotted time * Reports to work on time and according to posted schedule * Performs chair massages at various resort events * Provides general resort information for guests * Attends appropriate resort and departmental meetings * Provides consistent professional body treatments in accordance with spa protocols and accepted certification practices * Is flexible with schedules, supporting the needs of the spa * Properly cares for the equipment and uses proper amounts of product to assist with cost controls * Has complete knowledge and understanding of all services and products while educating and training guests in these areas * Actively promotes home care programs, meeting minimum retail sales goals * Upholds the standards of sanitation and sterilization as directed by law and the spa’s policies and procedures * Maintains an up to date working knowledge of all resort amenities as well as any special events * Up sells other resort services and amenities to guests * Performs prep work and properly cleans and restocks room as required * Communicates to management any and all occurrences involving staff or guests in the spa that require attention * Actively promotes the spa, treatments, services, clinics and retail as well as programs, promotions and/or discounts available * Handles guests’ questions and concerns professionally and courteously * Provides accurate, appropriate and immediate responses to all requests by guests, ensuring complete guest satisfaction * Possesses the ability to work without direct supervision * Maintains a positive attitude and contributes toward a quality work environment * Regularly attends, participates in and supports training and staff meetings for the spa*Colleague is held accountable for all duties of this job and other duties as assigned.*
experience & education: * High school diploma or equivalent * At least two years previous experience giving massage and body treatments in a similar setting preferred * Valid South Carolina massage therapy license required * At least one year customer service experience required
* Must be authorized to work in the United States
* Must be able to read, write and speak English
* Must have a strong passion for assisting guests in attaining their beauty and wellness goals
* Must be able to work well under pressure
* Must be able to learn the product and service knowledge necessary to effectively provide wellness solutions to meet the needs of our guests
* Must be able to accurately follow instructions, both verbally and written
* Must be highly detailed orientated
* Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
* Must have excellent listening skills
* Must possesses excellent communication skills
* Must be professional in appearance and demeanor * Must always ensure a teamwork environment * Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings, weekends and holidays * Must have the ability to deal effectively and interact well with the guests and Colleagues * Must have the ability to resolve problems/conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner * Must have a passion for creating an exceptional experience for all guests
Colleagues who are hired at Wild Dunes Resort will be verified through the federal E-Verify system.
_Working CONDITIONS:_ * Must be able to stand on feet throughout the day, with intermittent periods of walking * Must be able to lift & carry, or pull up to 30 lbs occasionally * Must be able to perform simple grasping, fine manipulation, squeezing and repetitive hand & arm movements constantly
Primary Location: US-SC-Isle of Palms
Organization: Wild Dunes Resort
Pay Basis: Hourly
Job Level: On-call/Casual
Req ID: ISL000270
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.