Hyatt Spring 2020 - Food and Beverage Internhsip in CHARLESTON, South Carolina
_SUMMARY:_/ /The Food & Beverage Intern is responsible for overseeing assigned Food & Beverage outlets to ensure optimum performance, exceptional guest service and maximum profitability of all functions. S/he will train and motivate staff to exceed goals. The Food & Beverage Intern will assist in maintaining the AAA Four Diamond Standards.
The Food & Beverage Intern shall strive to provide exceptional service to both internal and external guests at all times. S/he will be responsible for exemplifying the Wild Dunes Resort Culture as well as promoting Wild Dunes Resort as both the Destination and Employer of Choice!
Essential job FUNCTIONS:
As a Food & Beverage Intern, you are responsible for welcoming guests and working across several areas of F&B your placement to deliver an excellent Guest experience. A Food & Beverage Intern would also be required to manage guest queries. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Able to work in all areas of Food & Beverage including Bar, Restaurant, Room Service and Conference & Events
- Manage guest queries in a timely and efficient manner
- Assists with other restaurant tasks such as cleaning the dining area and preparing silverware and condiments.
- Follow cash handling procedures
- Ensure compliance of brand standards
- Ensure cleanliness of work areas
- Attends mandatory monthly department meetings appropriate resort and division meetings
- Maintains an up to date working knowledge of all resort amenities as well as any special events
- Interacts with resort staff in a professional manner, assisting other departments with necessary information
- Maintains constant awareness of safety issues, (i.e. broken glass, frayed electrical cords, leaks, broken locks and suspicious persons). Reports all safety incidents to on-duty supervisor.
- Acts with responsibility towards all company property, supplies and equipment.
Colleague is held accountable for all duties of this job, other duties as assigned and standards outlined in the Wild Dunes Resort handbook.
eXPERIENCE & eDUCATION:
- Must currently be enrolled a 4-year degree program
- Supervisory food and beverage experience preferred
Prior Four or Five Diamond experience preferred Job REQUIRMENTS:
Authorized to work in the United States and at least 21 years of age
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Highly detailed orientated
- Must have excellent leadership skills and always ensure a teamwork environment
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and work well under pressure
- Ability to resolve problems/conflicts and interact well with guests and colleagues
- Maintain professional appearance and demeanor at all times
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings, weekends and holidays
Colleagues who are hired at Wild Dunes Resort will be verified through the federal E-Verify system.
- Must be able to sit, stand and walk for 8 hours.
- Must be able to occasionally lift and carry up to 25 lbs at shoulder height and push/pull up to 75 lbs
- Must be able to perform simple grasping, fine manipulation, and repetitive hand & arm movements frequently; squeezing and overhead reaching occasionally
Primary Location: US-SC-Isle of Palms
Organization: Wild Dunes Resort
Pay Basis: Hourly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: ISL000259
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.