Hyatt Spring 2020 - Human Resources Internship in CHARLESTON, South Carolina
_SUMMARY:_ The Human Resources intern will perform a variety of functions in the Human Resources Department. S/he will work in all areas of Human Resources including, but not limited to: Recruitment, New Hire Process, Orientation and Guest Service Training, Health Benefit Administration, Colleague Relations, Colleague Events, Colleague Motivation/Recognition, Workers Compensation, and HRIS system.
The Human Resources Intern shall strive to provide exceptional service to both internal and external guests at all times. S/he will be responsible for exemplifying the Wild Dunes Resort Culture as well as promoting Wild Dunes Resort as both the Destination and Employer of Choice!
Essential job FUNCTIONS: * Assist with general office responsibilities including, but not limited to: maintenance of Colleague personnel and confidential files, filing, answer phones, Colleague questions/requests, make name tags, and wage/employment verification, prepare supplies for new hire and orientation packets * Process incoming paperwork through HRIS including new hire data, performance reviews and rate changes, transfers, Colleague file changes and terminations * Assist with Accounting processes for Purchase Orders, Check Requests, Inter-Departmental Transfers, and Petty Cash requests * Participation in the interview/selection process to include posting positions, resume management, and administrative management of candidate profiles and communication * Assist with advertisement of open positions * Assist with maintenance of Worker’s Compensation accidents and claims * Assist with Orientation and guest service training * Assist with internal departmental audits * Assist with Colleague Relations events and activities including, but not limited to: Fun Friday, Rallies, Bi-Weekly Lunches and Monthly Celebrations * Assist with the Colleague of the Month & Leader of the Quarter recognition programs
Colleague is held accountable for all duties of this job and other duties as assigned.
eXPERIENCE & eDUCATION:
- Must currently be enrolled in a Hospitality and/or Human Resources program at College of Charleston
- Desire to pursue a career in Hospitality and/or Human Resources
- Previous Hospitality, customer service and/or office experience preferred
- General knowledge of employment practices, regulations and standards a plus
- Training experience a plus
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, & PowerPoint) experience
* Must be authorized to work in the United States * Must be highly professionally in appearance and demeanor * Ability to maintain strong levels of business etiquette, especially in highly confidential and sensitive interactions * Excellent computer skills required * Ability to read, speak, write and understand English required * Must have strong verbal, written, analytical, presentation and interpersonal skills * Excellent organization and time management skills with strong attention to detail required * Must be detail orientated with a high level of accuracy * Must be able to multi-task in a high paced environment * Good interpersonal skills required * Excellent listening skills required * Basic mathematical skills required * Must be able to work well as a team as well as individually at times * Must be adaptable and flexible to change * Must be able to remain calm and professional at all times * Be able to make quick decisions and possess good judgment ** Colleagues who are hired at Wild Dunes Resort will be verified through the federal E-Verify system.
This position is located in an office environment and requires the following:
- Being seated for several hours at a time.
- Daily computer/telephone usage.
- A moderate amount of standing when facilitating training.
- Ability to lift approximately 25-30 lbs. on occasion.
- Ability to squat, crawl, kneel, push, pull, and walk on uneven surfaces on an occasional basis.
- Ability to occasionally walk outside in a variety of weather conditions (rain, wind, snow, heat).
- Ability to climb stairs occasionally, both indoors and outside in a variety of weather conditions (rain, wind, snow, heat).
Primary Location: US-SC-Isle of Palms
Organization: Wild Dunes Resort
Pay Basis: Hourly
Job Level: Seasonal
Req ID: ISL000251
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.