Hyatt Training and Culture Specialist in CHARLESTON, South Carolina
_SUMMARY:_ The Training & Culture Specialist is responsible for the daily operation and administration of all training and development and educational programs sponsored by the Resort. S/he will support the growth and continued success of the Resort by facilitating the Colleague’s ability to learn and thrive in an educational environment. Working with the directors and department managers, the Training & Culture Specialist will initiate, design, develop and implement learning and growth strategies and programs.TheTraining & Culture Specialistshall strive to provide exceptional service to both internal and external guests at all times. S/he will be responsible for exemplifying the Wild Dunes Resort Culture as well as promoting Wild Dunes Resort as both the Destination and Employer of Choice!
Essential job FUNCTIONS:
- Executes all Company Training & Development strategies
- Create and implement effective New Colleague Orientation
- Train all managers on Two Roads Colleague programs
- Occasionally provide training for other Two Roads properties as needed
- Promotes exceptional experience for guest, managers and Colleague’s through proper Training & Development
- Develops all resort Training & Development curriculum and content with Director of Human Resources
- Prepares monthly Training & Development courses
- Facilitates all in-house Training & Development
- Assists managers in departmental Training & Development
- Works with managers for successful Performance Reviews
- Acts as a coach and mentor to various action and Training & Development teams on property
- Works with managers to implement service Training & Development throughout the resort
- Conducts Bootcamp program for Supervisors
- Designs career development programs
- Develops Training & Development assessment tools to ensure learning success
- Reviews Survey scores to properly gauge Training & Development needs
- Maintains and updates an in-house library to include Training & Development videos, books and publications.
- Assists with the design of departmental Training & Development manuals
- Assists with Colleague recognition programs
- Acts as a back-up in the absence of the Area Director of Human Resources and Director of Human Resources.
- Other Human Resources office duties as assigned
- Provides support for Human Resources office duties, such as annual engagement surveys, wage analysis survey, Colleague events and processing new hire paperwork
Performs other duties as assigned by the Area Director of Human Resources
Colleague is held accountable for all duties of this job and other duties as assigned.
eXPERIENCE & education: * Two or Four year degree in field of choice preferred * Three to Five years similar experience preferred * Prior Human Resource experience preferred * Previous Human Resources experience in resort setting a plus * Knowledgeable in both state and federal employment laws preferred * Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, & PowerPoint) experience required * Experience with HRIS systems
_Job REQUIRMENTS:_ * Must be authorized to work in the United States * Must be highly professionally in appearance and demeanor * Ability to maintain strong levels of business etiquette, especially in highly confidential and sensitive interactions * Excellent computer skills required * Ability to read, speak, write and understand English required * Must have excellent listening skills * Must have strong verbal, written, analytical, presentation and interpersonal skills * Excellent organization and time management skills with strong attention to detail required * Must be detail orientated with a high level of accuracy * Must be able to multi-task in a high paced environment * Good interpersonal skills required * Excellent listening skills required * Basic mathematical skills required * Must be able to lead a team as well as work individually at times * Must be adaptable and flexible to change * Must be able to remain calm and professional at all times * Be able to make quick decisions and possess good judgmentEmployees who are hired at Wild Dunes Resort will be verified through the federal E-Verify system.
This position is located in an office environment and requires the following:
- Being seated for several hours at a time.
- Daily computer/telephone usage.
- A moderate amount of standing when facilitating training.
- Ability to lift approximately 25-30 lbs. on occasion.
- Ability to squat, crawl, kneel, push, pull, and walk on uneven surfaces on an occasional basis.
- Ability to occasionally walk outside in a variety of weather conditions (rain, wind, snow, heat).
- Ability to climb stairs occasionally, both indoors and outside in a variety of weather conditions (rain, wind, snow, heat).
Primary Location: US-SC-Isle of Palms
Organization: Wild Dunes Resort
Pay Basis: Hourly
Job Level: Full-time
Job: Human Resources
Req ID: ISL000271
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.