Hyatt Asset Management Manager in CHICAGO, Illinois
This position will be responsible for supporting ownership oversight for hotels that are wholly owned by Hyatt or in which Hyatt has a JV investment, either open or under construction. The focus is on maximizing revenue, improving efficiencies and EBITDA, and planning and supporting purchase and sale transactions.
This individual will be responsible for providing analytical support with an emphasis on performing sales and revenue analysis to identify insights designed to optimize revenue and profit.
This individual will coordinate the Due Diligence requests for assigned acquisitions and dispositions of wholly-owned hotels or hotels in which Hyatt has an investment position.
This role reports to the Vice President - Asset Management but supports the Director JV Asset Management and RVPs of Asset Management as well.
This individual is expected to perform asset management responsibilities including the following:
- Operating budget recommendations
- Input and process management for strategic decision making (e.g. asset repositioning, major capital expenditures, disposition, and other value optimizing strategic initiatives)
- Advanced modeling to provide recommendations that support the company’s goals for growth and optimize resource efficiency for their portfolio of hotels.
- Insight and analysis provided to to senior management on monthly, quarterly and annual operating results.
- Periodic phone calls, or periodic in-person meetings, with the hotel General Manager and field leaders in every hotel they manage for the purpose of understanding and optimizing financial performance.
- Evaluating value enhancement opportunities for their assets, supported by ROI analyses as appropriate.
- Management of the real estate tax, assessment, and appeals process
- Identifying initiatives and establishing and deploying “Best Practices” with respect to tracking and monitoring our performance.
- Overseeing the acquisition process or disposition due diligence process
- Preparing Asset Management Committee memos, as necessary, for major capital expenditures
- Performing ad-hoc analyses as needed
- Participate in monthly phone calls and meetings with specified hotels to discuss and improve operating results
- Provide insight and analysis to senior management on monthly, quarterly and annual operating results. Identify key operating trends to be discussed in Quarterly Business Reviews.
- Support Financial Planning & Analysis, Investor Relations, and Corporate Consolidations in matters of hotel performance and analysis for Public Reporting and Board of Director presentations
- Provide analysis and recommendations for revenue growth
- Provide analysis and recommendations for ROI projects
- Clearly communicate, verbally and visually, recommendations for revenue and profit improvement; present to hotel and senior level management
- Clearly communicate, verbally and visually, recommendations for revenue and profit improvement; present to hotel and senior levels of management
- Develop and enhance internal reporting as needed to improve insight and discussion with hotel leadership.
- Demonstrate a commitment to Hyatt core values
The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
- 3-5 years of experience in hotel operations, revenue management or statistical/financial analysis.
- Experience with sales and revenue management is preferred
- BA/BS in Business, Accounting, Finance or Hospitality required.
- Strong financial systems experience and Microsoft Excel proficiency are critical.
- Strong PC skills with working knowledge of Word and PowerPoint is required.
- Experience with Hyperion is preferred.
- Candidate should also possess strong analysis, conceptual, communication and business partnering skills.
- Individual must be able to recommend and implement process improvements, handle multiple projects simultaneously, work independently and demonstrate the ability to interact with various levels within the organization.
Primary Location: US-IL-Chicago
Organization: Hyatt Corporate Office
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: CHI009047