Hyatt Barback - Cindy%27s in CHICAGO, Illinois
The Cindy's Barback position is responsible primarily for ensuring the bars are fully stocked with equipment and ingredients to deliver superior beverage service and products. Additionally, the Barback team is responsible for preparation of ingredients including fresh juices and batch cocktails. This person must have good communication skills, a willingness to learn as well as the ability to lift a moderate amount of weight. This is a fast paced position that will involve constant customer interaction.
Previously home to an elite athletic and social club, one of Chicago’s most beloved landmarks from the 1890’s is reborn as a bustling hotel playground, featuring a variety of iconic and unique restaurant and nightlife destinations, all in the heart of downtown. More than a restoration, Chicago Athletic Association is a revelation of historic architectural detail, from the grand marble staircases to the incomparable Cindy’s Rooftop, showcasing creative food and drink with unmatched views across Millennium Park and Lake Michigan.
Essential Responsibilities include:
- Support bartenders with supplies and help keep clean working environment allowing them to provide superior beverage service
- Assist the team to deliver a personalized dining experience to each guest through assistance with bar and table cleanliness as well as creating a warm and welcoming environment
- Help with cleaning of bar tools, glasses and equipment, set up of bar prior to operation and clean-up upon closing
- Prep juices and batch cocktails prior to service following standardized recipes
- Assist with delivery of items to/from storage and other outlets or event locations
- Assist with bar preparations, batching and stocking of prepared ingredients as needed
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum 1 years Barback experience in an upscale restaurant, lounge or bar environment required, preferably within a full-service boutique or luxury hotel environment with in-depth interaction with guests.
- Experience with general computer functions helpful.
- Must be able to communicate professionally in English, both written and verbal. Conversational abilities in foreign languages helpful.
- Must be able to multi-task and display ability to recognize that the guests’ interests and needs are always primary. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. and must be able to move throughout building efficiently across varying levels and terrain.
- Must be able to work evening or late-night shifts, weekends and holidays as business dictates; morning or daytime hours may also be required on occasion to assist the bar team and cross-train on all shifts.
Primary Location: US-IL-Chicago
Organization: Chicago Athletic Association
Pay Basis: Hourly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: CHI009608
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.